Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

SCENARIO DESIGNER’S WORKSHOP – Making Maps

Question about map objectives.

In a map I have adapted I have a number of locations that are worth 50 points in the editor, but upon testing the map and occupying the objectives, their value is only 30 points in the end screen?

Any ideas as to why this might be the case?

Question about map objectives.

In a map I have adapted I have a number of locations that are worth 50 points in the editor, but upon testing the map and occupying the objectives, their value is only 30 points in the end screen?

Any ideas as to why this might be the case?
I've noticed something similar in a scenario I made. I never quite figured it out and pointed it down to some behind-the-scenes ratio calculations, where possible points for objectives and casualties get added together and then somehow it redistributes them at a later stage... :unsure:

If this is a quick battle map, the game will take the points values you attributed to them in the editor and scale them so that they add up to a total that depends on the battle type.
For example, QB meeting engagement has 600 points for objectives - you cannot change that. If you defined, say, 20 x 50pts objectives in the editor, the game will turn them into 20 x 20 30pts so that they add up to 600 400 The remaining 400 600 points can be awarded for enemy casualties.
Probe/Attack/Assault maps have a different allocation for objectives - assault has 750, probe has 500, don't know about attack.

Last edited:
Nice find, saw your post over at BFC with the same link, already found some ww2-era aerial photos of my own neighborhood on there too!

I found the above referenced geoportal france especially helpful for its 2.5 and 5 meter V.I. contour maps which can be pulled up from a menu at the top left of the screen. These contour lines are more reliable than the 1:25:000 maps used by the allied forces in WWII. Indeed the 1:25,000 maps have a diclaimer printed right on them recommending caution in respect of overall reliability. Occasionally a contour has been cut through by a new highway since WWII, such as the one near les Hauts Vents but this can be easily compensated for.

The same site also includes aerial photos taken of most of Normandy around 1950 which gives a better, although not perfect, idea of the remaining bocage, orchards and village layouts pre-modern development, before urban sprawl and factory farming such as are currently visible on google maps.

Cheers,

Kandu

Last edited:
Back