Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Scenario Test - Bad Apples

Rambler

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
I'm looking for some play testers for a scenario I created. It's a small map with a 35 minute time limit, and it's designed with H2H in mind. However, it can be played US vs AI. It's just a static defense, so no fancy AI plans. The scenario is meant to be a short, sharp and fun engagement. Why the title Bad Apples? Well, you'll have to read the briefings.

I've already play tested it with a friend of mine, but I'd like to get some feedback from those playing it double blind. Thanks!

Download

Here's a screenshot of the map:

CM%20Normandy%202013-05-24%2000-01-43-92.jpg

Send me a copy... I will play it vs AI and give you a full feedback.... thanx

AAR for 'Bad Apples' E-mail off to DT to add his comments, then it's on it's way to you Rambler.
Thanks for the opportunity to test it out.

Thanks Fredrocker. Actually, you can download it from the link in the first post. Just click "Download." I still have the file in my public dropbox, which is what that links to.

Thanks for the update, Fac. Lookin' forward to reading what you and DT thought of it. If it was horrible, feel free to say so. You won't hurt my feelings :D. I appreciate y'all taking the time to play it.

Hello.
I just played it against the AI and even though I won, my GIs didn't have too many buddies to share their apples with.
Maybe a little too many Germans if I may say, and the map is very much defender friendly.
Other than that, it's a good test !

Thanks for the feedback, Matt! I appreciate it. One of my concerns was that there might be a few too many Germans now, but I wasn't sure. The first version I play tested with a friend of mine actually had double the amount of US troops plus an extra tank. After we finished the game, we both felt the US side was overpowered, so I adjusted it to what I thought would be a better balance. I didn't adjust the Germans a whole lot, so I'll look into trimming them down a bit too. It may be as simple as messing with the headcount percentages. I can also see where the map is defender friendly, which is why I gave the US player a Rhino and a breach team so he wouldn't be too constrained by the limits imposed by bocage. Thanks again!

I'll check with DT, I sent it to him to add his feedback.

@Das Tiger Yo DT , did ya get my e-mail on this?

"thunk, thunk, thunk" is this mic working?

@ Das Tiger...Yo Bud, did you get my e-mail with the AAR for Rambler?

Hey,guys. Sorry about that. I did get your email and will respond tonight.

Hey Rambler, can you send it to me for against-the-AI testing? Getting the right balance is a bitch. You might consider different scenarios for H2H and solo AI in order for it to work optimally for both. As you no doubt know, because a Human player thinks, plans, and executes, the same scenario H2H is alot harder than against the AI.

Back