Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

SIEGE OF BASTOGNE - possible successor tourney to Fall Of The Third Reich

Worked up this idea a bit as a possible successor to the Fall Of The Third Reich tourney (which has been a great success I think)

Played in CMFB -- very similar in concept, players fight their way along different tracks in CM Quick Battles (either Probe or ME ) and their fellow get drawn as opponents.

This comes in two possible flavours -- players are US defenders of Bastogne and have to keep the German attackers away from reaching the town.

US players must ward off German attacks and even launch limited counter-attacks to knock them back.
After a set number of turns, the player who kept the Germans back the furthest from Bastogne wins (there'll be more detailed victory conditions eventually)
(this is just a rough mock up -- there'd be eight tracks in the final version)

Siege of Bastogne.jpg

Second possible version is the players are Axis commanders attacking Bastogne and (like in 3rd Reich) their opponents are drawn as US defenders (or sometimes counter-attackers)

First player to break through and have his panzers rumble down the main street of Bastogne is the winner.

(same as above... there'll be eight tracks to advance on -- so 8 players for the tourney)

Siege of Bastogne GERMANS.jpg

So let me know if this idea could work, would there be enough interest and which version would be preferable.

(I'd need to hit up @Concord for some of his sxy CMFB maps he's been conjuring up )

Nice! Definitely interested. I've been kicking myself for somehow not being aware of the Third Reich tournament until it was well underway and sign-ups were closed.

Still a work in progress ... basically building this as players being German Kampfgruppe commanders attacking Bastogne (with rules pretty much the same as Fall of 3rd Reich tourney - simpler for me this time as there will be only one QB map per round for me to source instead of three ;)) -- with a twist:
ONE player will be playing Patton's relief column fighting it's way up from the south to see if he can make it to Bastogne before the attacking Germans.

Player names on map just design place holders.

This will only have 8 slots -- will give the Fall of 3rd Reich players first call for places

Siege of Bastogne GERMANS 2.jpg

@Rico Will you do random elimination for selecting opponents as suggested in the current tourney?
With eight players and the rounds expected to be six to eight it would be a good way of having everyone play every other player once. (or, almost if someone wins it quickly)

@Rico Will you do random elimination for selecting opponents as suggested in the current tourney?
With eight players and the rounds expected to be six to eight it would be a good way of having everyone play every other player once. (or, almost if someone wins it quickly)

Yes, that would be a good way of doing it having everyone play everyone else once.

Or maybe have 16 players with 8 of them playing as the defending Americans? Since I know Im gonna wanna play this again and assuming most of the other existing players do. May only be a few slots open for the original 8.

Won't really work ... impossible to keep track of the US defender's progress players with shifting opponents every round. How would we score them?

Maybe you can make 2 men teams... Then instead of 8 you will haev 16 players. The downside that each turn one player will only play one battle.

For example you can do the random drawing for the teams. And the teams might talk abotu the particular battle among themselves. Also if someoen gets stack with real life the teammate can take over and push the turns.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back