Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

SIEGE OF BASTOGNE TOURNEY - Official Call for Entries (on hold)

This is the official call for entries for the first leg of the SIEGE OF BASTOGNE TOURNEY -- the German Kampfgruppen advancing to capture Bastogne using CMFB.

Basically the same format as the Fall of the 3rd Reich tourney with players trying to fight their way into Bastogne with alternating Probe and Meeting Engagement QB's, with their competitors commanding the enemy forces in each battle on a rotational basis.

This has space for EIGHT players: 7 players commanding Axis Kampfgruppen and ONE player commanding the relieving Task Force from Patton's 3rd US Army. First player to reach Bastogne, wins the tourney.

I AM GIVING THE FALL OF 3RD REICH PLAYERS FIRST CALL FOR THE PLAYER SLOTS FOR A COUPLE OF DAYS!
(there will be a second tourney, THE DEFENCE OF BASTOGNE where players take on the role of US Task Force commanders defending Bastogne -- with a very similar format) -- players please indicate which tourney they want to take part in (only one at a time :) ) -- I will start the 2nd tourney one once this first one is full and has kicked off and both will run concurrently.
(I have inserted FOT3R players who have already indicated interest -- please confirm your participation)

PLAYER SLOTS

TOURNEY 1: SIEGE OF BASTOGNE (Axis Attackers)

1. @MeatEtr
2. @A Canadian Cat
3. @Paleolithic Monk
4. @Stafford
5. @DoubleD

Siege of Bastogne GERMANS FIN sample.jpg

TOURNEY 2: DEFENCE OF BASTOGNE (Allied Defenders)
1. @Sgt Joch

Siege of Bastogne AMERICANS sample.jpg

Here the revised QUICK BATTLE rules:

It's not meant as a campaign, but as a fun Quick Battle tourney, where players pit their wits against each other -- to advance as quickly as possible and at same time slow down their competitors as much as possible.

QUICK BATTLE SETTINGS

Battle Type: Probe or Meeting Engagement (alternating each round)

Battle Size: Small

Length: 30 minutes

Map: Provided by GM -- MAP PREVIEW allowed (everybody uses the same map per round)

Region: Ardennes

Year: 1944

Month: December

Daylight: DAY (default - can be changed by agreement by BOTH players)

Weather: Random

Ground: Attacker selection

Rarity: Standard

Combat Force: MIX (is default but players can agree on other settings like all-infantry... as long as they are reasonably balanced)

Service: attacker and defender each can discuss and choose - (just make sure that if you set it to MIX, that the arm of service or country actually HAS tanks or armour)

Unit purchase: Human

LIMITS

Artillery

Meeting Engagements: no TRPs, no pre-planning artillery.
Probe: defender is allowed to purchase TRPs, attacker allowed to set pre-planned artillery missions.

No limits on calibres -- too few points anyway for anything large and battles too quick.

Big Cats
1 King Tiger limit

Air Support
No air support allowed.

The above settings are the DEFAULT -- if they want, PLAYERS can adjust these settings for their particular battle by mutual agreement/consent !

@MeatEtr @Stafford @Nort @Stafford @Paleolithic Monk @A Canadian Cat @Nathangun @DoubleD @holoween @Mad Mike

Last edited:
/steps forward
for tourney 1
metal.gif

Last edited:
I will join whichever is available for a lowly member such as myself! I would join a 2nd tourney on the last one.

I would also like participate in tourney 1. If all the places are taken in tourney 1 I would like to participate in tourney 2.

looks good, signing up for Tourney 2 is any spots are left.

Sorry -- been a bit distracted -- having building done on your house and year-end work scramble can do that. (and kicking off new FOG2 campaign :geek::2charge:)

Hopefully get it off over the next week, or hold it over to a proper start in New Year -- gotta see.

I wonder if it's not worth holding off until maybe the second week of January?
This time of year is hectic for everyone even despite the lurgy and getting a consistent file turnaround during the silly season would be akin to pulling cats teeth while herding them in a hurricane! :p

I wonder if it's not worth holding off until maybe the second week of January?
This time of year is hectic for everyone even despite the lurgy and getting a consistent file turnaround during the silly season would be akin to pulling cats teeth while herding them in a hurricane! :p

That is probably a good idea. ;)

Back