Siege Of Bastogne Tourney - Round 1

Time to kick off ROUND 1 of the Siege of Bastogne Tournament.

1660058813629.png

I've done the draw for the allocation of players to Kampfgruppen attacking Bastogne and the relieving US Task Force.

@Bootie will stand in for @Nort in ROUND 1 while the latter is away.

Bastogne Round 1e.jpg

ROUND 1 Battles

Attacker sets up battle.

Round 1 battle is a PROBE battle. (Quick battle map available for download below -- all battles us the same map, the US PLAYER MAP is the same map, but has set up zones reversed)

1. Kampfgruppe @jobu88 - FLAMIERGE - Defender: @Bill -- AXIS TOTAL VICTORY

2. Kampfgruppe @Lethaface - GIVRY - Defender: @jobu88 -- AXIS TACTICAL VICTORY

3. Kampfgruppe @Nathangun - NOVILLE - Defender: @Lethaface

4. Kampfgruppe @MeatEtr - BOURCY - Defender: @Nathangun -- AXIS TOTAL VICTORY

5. Kampfgruppe @Bootie (@Nort ) - LONGVILLY - Defender: @MeatEtr -- AXIS TOTAL DEFEAT

6. Kampfgruppe @DoubleD - NOTHUM - Defender: @Bootie (@Nort ) -- AXIS MINOR VICTORY

7. Kampfgruppe @Gunner - TINTANGE - Defender: @DoubleD -- AXIS TACTICAL VICTORY

8. Task Force @Bill - SIBRET - Defender: @Gunner -- ALLIED TACTICAL DEFEAT

----------------------------------------------------------------

QUICK BATTLE SETTINGS

Battle Type: Probe or Meeting Engagement (alternating each round)

Battle Size: SMALL

Length: 30 minutes

Map: Provided by GM -- MAP PREVIEW allowed (everybody uses the same map per round)

Region: Ardennes

Year: 1944

Month: December

Daylight: DAY (default - can be changed by agreement by BOTH players)

Weather: Random (default - can be changed by agreement by BOTH players)

Ground: Attacker selection

Rarity: Loose

Combat Force: MIX (is default but players can agree on other settings like all-infantry... as long as they are reasonably balanced)

Service: attacker and defender each can discuss and choose - (just make sure that if you set it to MIX, that the arm of service or country actually HAS tanks or armour)

Unit purchase: Human

LIMITS

Artillery

Meeting Engagements: no TRPs, no pre-planning artillery.
Probe: defender is allowed to purchase TRPs, attacker allowed to set pre-planned artillery missions.

No limits on calibres -- too few points anyway for anything large and battles too quick.

Big Cats (optional)
1 King Tiger limit (US side has stuff to kill everything else anyway)

Air Support
No air support allowed.

The above settings are the DEFAULT -- if they want, PLAYERS can adjust these settings for their particular battle by mutual agreement/consent !

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BATTLE RESULTS and ADVANCING:
A Tactical/Major/Total Victory will be necessary capture a square and allow an advance to the next square in the next round -- any result below that and you stand still and have to refight for control of the square.

It will take FIVE clear victories to get to your final objective.

Attachments

• Bastogne Axis Probe 01.zip
    72.6 KB · Views: 8
  • Bastogne Allied Probe 01.zip
    72.5 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:

Lethaface

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
@Rico , just to be 100% sure: in a probe battle the attacker is only allowed preplanned artillery missions, no trp's allowed for the attacker. Correct?

Thanks for organizing!

PS Have asked Jobu88 for e-mail to setup our dropbox.

GL & HF everyone

Hey @Rico I havent played CMFB in awhile, so was shopping the QB list and I think we may want to adjust Rarity. The Standard rarity only allows Allies two 76mm tanks while Panthers have zero rarity. I think standard gives Axis an advantage. Im thinking Loose should be the default.

Also the 1 KT limit comes into effect at Loose since its too rare to buy more than one on standard.

OR keep Standard rarity for like the first two battles and then we change it to Loose. This sorta gives Axis more strength at the start and then Allies get a little stronger later. Kinda reflects the charge to Bastogne in reality.

Curious what everybody else thinks about this?

Jolly Olly

FGM New Member
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
All right! All right! All right! Let's have some fun!

@jobu88 and @Gunner ....either of you have any thoughts on mixing up the settings a bit on our games? I am totally fine playing with them as laid out by Rico but am also definitely open to some changes if we can agree to something. I am pretty much wide open on that. Personally, I really enjoy the challenge having to do the best with what you are given when some random settings are used. So, Daylight, Weather, and Ground I would all be fine with letting the computer make the call on any or all of those. I would even be fine with Random Combat Force and Service if we really wanted to throw the dice.

Just let me know if you all want to do anything different from the defaults.

My email is poliphant_1@hotmail.com

Looking forward to the games!

Hey @Rico I havent played CMFB in awhile, so was shopping the QB list and I think we may want to adjust Rarity. The Standard rarity only allows Allies two 76mm tanks while Panthers have zero rarity. I think standard gives Axis an advantage. Im thinking Loose should be the default.

Also the 1 KT limit comes into effect at Loose since its too rare to buy more than one on standard.

OR keep Standard rarity for like the first two battles and then we change it to Loose. This sorta gives Axis more strength at the start and then Allies get a little stronger later. Kinda reflects the charge to Bastogne in reality.

Curious what everybody else thinks about this?
I tend to agree that ‘Loose’ rarity makes for more fun and varied QB battles.

I imported the settings from the Fall of the 3rd Reich tourney.

We can change it to “Loose”.

Lethaface

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Correct. I think that makes sense?

Fine by me!
(although in games I usually attacker also gets TRPs, which why I asked:).

I tend to agree that ‘Loose’ rarity makes for more fun and varied QB battles.

I imported the settings from the Fall of the 3rd Reich tourney.

We can change it to “Loose”.

Loose gives some more options and flavor so I'm all for it!

jobu88

FGM Company Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
All right! All right! All right! Let's have some fun!

@jobu88 and @Gunner ....either of you have any thoughts on mixing up the settings a bit on our games? I am totally fine playing with them as laid out by Rico but am also definitely open to some changes if we can agree to something. I am pretty much wide open on that. Personally, I really enjoy the challenge having to do the best with what you are given when some random settings are used. So, Daylight, Weather, and Ground I would all be fine with letting the computer make the call on any or all of those. I would even be fine with Random Combat Force and Service if we really wanted to throw the dice.

Just let me know if you all want to do anything different from the defaults.

My email is poliphant_1@hotmail.com

Looking forward to the games!

I'm ok with random weather and daylight and etc. But I would prefer human purchase for our forces.

I'm working all day today so I will get set up tomorrow

Jolly Olly

FGM New Member
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
I'm ok with random weather and daylight and etc. But I would prefer human purchase for our forces.

I'm working all day today so I will get set up tomorrow
That works for me. Set any of those to random that you care to. Let me know what you decide to go with.

No worries. I've got a little ng day ahead myself.

Gunner

FGM Captain
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
I'm perfectly fine with loose rarity.
Is there an argument for having no rarity? I'm fine with that too. Gives you a chance to play with equipment rarely purchased. (Pun intended).

As far as timing goes, Dawn-Day-Dusk is fine by me but I'm not a fan of night fighting.
With the weather I don't mind random but I think we should all have the same weather. I'm probably going to be the only one who is going to have to attack in a blizzard every turn. :D

Who starts the game?
(Edit) Never mind. It's obviously the Attacker since he chooses the Ground conditions.

@Jolly Olly @DoubleD
Let's stick with Rico's defaults for the first round. When we meet again we can shuffle things up.

Last edited:

Lethaface

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
I'm setting up as the attacker and was wondering if anyone on the attack would choose ground conditions any other than Dry?
I guess it could make sense if you plan an infantry only attack and want to deny the enemy mobility off road?
Other than that not really imo ;-)

DoubleD

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
@Rico, my probe on Nothum is setup and the file passed to @Bootie. It seems my commander is very happy, he's certainly beaming in the picture

I've picked up the setup file from @Gunner and my purchase file has been sent back

Good luck to everyone 07

Top Bottom