Siege Of Bastogne Tourney - Round 1

Gunner

FGM Captain
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
DoubleD and I are on File 003
Jolly Olly File 002

I am going to be away the 24th through the 31st. If Bootie would be able to do a turn or two for me then I would be fine with that.
(Maybe even give me a chance to win. Ha! :D )

Jolly Olly

FGM New Member
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Hello Rico. I need a point clarified before @Gunner and I proceed further. In our game I am the attacker so went with the Allied Probe. map. When I got to the point of setup it did not look right to me given in the matchup I am the allied relief force approaching Bastogne. Should I have used the Axis map instead? :oops:

Hello Rico. I need a point clarified before @Gunner and I proceed further. In our game I am the attacker so went with the Allied Probe. map. When I got to the point of setup it did not look right to me given in the matchup I am the allied relief force approaching Bastogne. Should I have used the Axis map instead? :oops:

No, it's correct -- you use the Allied Probe map -- the one attached below.

(it's the same map as Axis Probe, just with set up zones and everything else reversed.

Attachments

• Bastogne Allied Probe 01.zip
    72.5 KB · Views: 0
Apologies to everybody -- this bit of the rules seems to have been left out in the earlier posts:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BATTLE RESULTS and ADVANCING:
A Tactical/Major/Total Victory will be necessary capture a square and allow an advance to the next square in the next round -- any result below that and you stand still and have to refight for control of the square.

It will take FIVE clear victories to get to your final objective.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry about that -- seems I'm still finding my feet again at this tourney/campaign organising after an extended break. :unsure: o_O

@Jolly Olly @jobu88 @Nathangun @Lethaface @MeatEtr @Bootie @DoubleD @Gunner

Last edited:

jobu88

FGM Company Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Jobu88 and Lethaface are about 10 minutes in. Haven't started yet with Jolly Olly.

@Jolly Olly are you with me? I still have 002 in the Dropbox. Let me know when you send 003 in case I have something wrong.

DoubleD and I are on 018.
Jobu88 and Lethaface are about 10 minutes in. Haven't started yet with Jolly Olly.

A week into Round 1 and some battles haven't even got out of the starting gates yet... and with some player absences later in August it's already looking like this Round is might take forever to finish.

Not a great start. :confused:

I'll see where we stand by end August -- hopefully things will get into gear by then -- if I have to start chasing down slow/absent players, I'm shutting this down right away -- life's too short.
(or move to after northern summer)

Last edited:
A week into Round 1 and some battles haven't even got out of the starting gates yet... and with some player absences later in August it's already looking like this Round is might take forever to finish.

Not a great start. :confused:

I'll see where we stand by end August -- hopefully things will get into gear by then -- if I have to start chasing down slow/absent players, I'm shutting this down right away -- life's too short.
(or move to after northern summer)
Well my battles vs @Bootie and @Nathangun are moving along at a good pace. (several turns in) Making progress vs Nathans defense. Looks like I might hold vs Booties attack, still too early to tell!

Lets not let one slow player ruin a good tourney for other players! Perhaps best to replace him now?

jobu88

FGM Company Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Ok no worries, probably for the best. I got one turn back after 4 days and nothing since that one.

Also I invoke Rule 1.3.1 (b).2, sub-section 3: me and @Gunner both get Major Victories for this aborted game.

Top Bottom