Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Slysniper AAR and other actions

2JCIitw.png

The start of the battle from my side of the map, the objective is to the Right . The enemy with a matching force equal to mine is to the left near the v in the hill. The hill in the center is going to allow him cover to approach the objective.

2fiAn27.png

So the enemy has quick access to the high ground and a shorter path to the objective. The only thing I have going for me is, his path is rocky and I have a road to get there quickly if I want to rush units there.

Now what should my battle plan be.

A1ELIXH.png

I decide to send two tanks fast to the objective, run 4 tanks to the right of the trees along the road to create a fire base and hopefully overwhelm any units he might set on the nearside of the hill trying to take me on as I move to the right.
I send two tanks to the left, there is a clear spot to see the hill there if he tries to move up through the woods, it also helps protect my left flank if by chance he tries to send anything out of the woods at the top left of the map, to get at a possible backside position of my units.

RQfjORZ.png

Here is the view for my tanks on my left flank covering the main hill, I should hopefully spot anything that moves through there. The sad fact, 3 enemy tanks move through there and I see nothing.

8AMOjAN.png

Well, no surprise there, as I set up my fire base a unit takes a hit. A few units have eyes on the hill, but no one sees the target

pW4qN4f.png

By the end of the turn, I have two tanks already wanting to coward from the unseen enemy, but we at least know where he is approx. now,. But you cannot shoot what you cannot see.

Plus how did he get there already without my two left flank tanks not spotting his movement.

The good news is my tanks I have sent to the objective on the right flank have made it and might get into some good keyhole locations

GvcAkgl.png

finally, I spot the bugger, of course behind a tree. Cm gamey move.

Well, a shot flies but it goes way high. I see my tank crews not hard-core

nDIDpFI.png

I few moments later, they pay the price for their poor aiming. first lost (tally now 7 to 8)

4fs7PKg.png

Another tanks spots the first foe, he decides to do the same thing as my other unit and also fires high. These guys really need to learn what a fire base job is. Hit the target guys.

T0xQwrv.png

meanwhile, my right flank is also getting into the action. But I like this much better.

Aiv5hWh.png

one , then a second shot into a unit that is moving up on the objective from the back side of the hill.

Really, like wow, real surprise. Not at all - but the question is how many tanks are coming this way

KDD40uT.png

End of the turn looks like this, there is also a enemy unit cresting the hill. now what should I do.

Last edited:
kZ8IcRy.png

Finally, someone finds the mark from my center group, the sad thing is, it does not do the job. Moments later ---------

IJTk9Hs.png

Dang,, the unit cresting the hill has spotted someone in my fire base area already.

PHVeBDm.png

Man, another unit down and this group has managed only one hit so far. (tally 6 to 7)

Last edited:
tDFHRWG.png

meanwhile on the right flank. My one main error starts to play out.

I decided to not sit in my spot where he now knew where I was and I decided to crest the little ridge blocking my view and see if I catch him moving other units on my flank or maybe I could get a shot at the tank on the ridge just left of me.

My reward, being hit

nwSwcYg.png

And again

Last edited:
k2ARQfm.png

the good news, I now know where two more tanks are

a0lwIEv.png

And now a third hit, but I did get a little revenge, take that you jerk.

but in the end , this tank is dead and I have nothing to show for it. bad move on my part.

nxvMRRA.png

Now while that battle was playing out, I had moved my other tank on the right flank to a location where I felt I could catch him as he rolled his units down of the backside off the hill. hopefully one at a time.

Gjp3twd.png

This is the view as we start the next turn. I should have the advantage as his units move into view. There is the official death of my other unit in this shot

Last edited:
dZ1U1Mi.png

What's this, about 30 second past, and my tank on the right side becomes target practice for another enemy unit that has moved into view but I see nothing, nothing at all.

This is one of the CM spotting issues with armor I hate, the non moving tank should have had all the advantages. but instead. acted like the crew was sleeping.

The good news, I now know where all 7 of his tanks are, the bad news - the count is 4 to 7, and he has the better position. Man this battle has gone bad very quickly.

New battle plan at this point, each tank will now think only about how to survive but at the same time engage the enemy.

oj9cA1e.png

The view of the invisible enemy (star trek all the way)

Last edited:
ogogur0.png

ok, this is not looking good at the 9 minute mark.

but he has moved all units forward and he is now feeling good he has this one in the bag.

I am in the process of moving units into locations where I can spot enemy units, hopefully one on one.

but with his move, I decide to counter with my tank on the far left flank , I will run it to the right and see if I can get a ass shot on them units he is moving forward.

InO1l12.png

Before I even get past the woods, I get one shot off, but nothing comes of it.

Last edited:
alyPhWL.png

I little later, he plugs another hole in me, as you can see. I have lost my spot on him, so it was a one sided duel.

9WaLQeF.png

And there runs my hero's. that leaves the count at 3 to 7, and I am thinking to myself, how is this not a epic comeback if I somehow was to win this thing.

i7PMQ7W.png

And right after that, the tank I sent up the left flank is also finding enemy steel to plug

ckhVSHk.png

There goes his second round, Alright, my men are finally deciding its time to fight and try to live to see another day.

vEhhZCj.png

ok, lets look at it from a over head location

left flank tank is prime now to get a tank that is just above the building in the center of the screen. The center tank has been blessed to see another tank just where the other has died.

The right flank tank in on the objective, hiding against the wall, waiting for him to come to me.

My foe is complaining about his armor not obeying his commands at the moment, thus the reason they are located at these locations.

But it was my infantry that scared the tank at the building center screen to retreat to the left.
His tank at the road was spooked and retreated there from my tank on the right flank. Some of that luck now going my way, but I was not surprised with the actions

Last edited:
gmYMAzd.png

next turn things still going great, the left flank tank finds his new target, the enemy tanks lives but will now flee in front of my center tank again.

6kHDIqm.png

Meanwhile the center tank takes 4 or 5 shots to get rid of his new target.

VFX6lZi.png

Just as he makes the finial blow to that tank, looks who is coming by backwards to give him something else to let his anger out on.

Back