Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

**NSFW** Sometimes I just need a place to Grump - You have been warned

Z

Zinzan

Hi All :)

(Admin First :
1. Yes I'm having a BAD day.:(
2. No sexy pics, not much foul language. :(
3. Any Humour will be of your own devising or accidental :cool:
4. No I have NO idea what he's about to write. :eek:
5. Yes I'm letting him off the leash for a bit :eek:
6. No I'm not feeling guilty about this. :D
7. You HAVE been warned!)

So here I am on the last of 5 days off, rushing around trying to get housework done; chasing up a MAJOR meeting prep for Friday, organising transport AND my company phone dies taking all it's contacts with it. I have no access to backups - wrong location and some major shit is going down. Having to take v.imposrtant statements/planning meetings via a poor phone line. Melt down approaching.

I've now discovered proposed Pay Rise has been cancelled, bonus is on hold, Head of Department who queried this to Finance Director has "resigned" and is clearing desk RIGHT now. Company accounts STILL not published and Cheery Promo Newsletter front page leaked last week has been denied and internal news has been shut down, just received a reminder of companies social media policy and NO comms with press etc policy restated! So everything has been hunky dory whilst I've been away!! Emails have gone bersek though FB etc quiet hmmmmmmmm.

THIS WAS SUPPOSSED to be MY day OFF GODDAMMIT!!!!!!!

- the voices in my head saying - Get on the bike with camping kit and the bag of ABSOLUTELY must not leave behind stuff and effing off in a random direction for a couple of years. I hear Europe is nice, Amsterdam for a month or two followed by West Coast Italy for Autumn winter etc - IS starting to get on top of me

SO I NEED TO VENT

I'm chasing emails whilst doing washing, clearing rubble trying to sort Luck and dinner whilst realising I have beds to make, clothes to iron, uniform to prepare, dishes to wash, bins to empty, SEVEN CM turns to process - incl 2 NEW game setups to sort. ARRRGGGGGHHHHHHH I HATE getting behind on CM, and HATE rushing setup turns!!!!! I regret it sooooo much later.

2 work colleagues - one each of my wife and me - have been diagnosed with terminal illnesses in last week. Whilst neither are close friends of mine & neither was a "BOLT from the BLUE" moment it's never nice to see it happening to people and my Hearty "We all die, where's yer Bucket list" attitude to this is apparantly "NOT APPROPRIATE" at the moment, or EVER!!

The last 4 days have consisted of 1 Family wedding (beloved niece), 2 significant family birthdays (eldest daughter & wifes!! Great time had, much money spent, enormous amount of running around, wrappingh prepping, being nice to distant family, trying REALLY hard not to be too much of a bastard to any of them. Strain of being "normal" funny me rather than WAY too honest, doesn't get the social niceties, trying to navigate completely inexplicable relationship maps of family and friends etc was enormous. Apparently I succeeded "pretty well" (up my acting and disguise ranks).

However situation with wife still strained :(

Apologies to anyone who found any of the above offensive, boring or irrelevant - TOUGH :)

BUT I feel better-ish

(Last admin note
He's fine - well he's OK and DOESN'T need support or help.:)
Though - Thanks to anyone who has enough empathy to give a damn, he lost most of that years ago!
Such occassional rants are one of his ways of maintaining his mental heath, and they work well. :rolleyes: This site is one he feels comfortable on :eek: - however if members want such stuff taken away he's fine with that. Contact me or @Shane to complain .)

Last edited by a moderator:
DON'T TALK to me about Ironing!!!!!!!!!! (No really .... don't! :) )

Thank you for your response, @Nelson1812 I smiled!!! - (inwardly of course, I don't want to piss HIM off)

May assist with CM battle plans...

9a59e0bd433efeb54f37f408f94f72dd.jpg

If it's any help we all have bad days for different reasons. For example at the moment it's been so rough work wise I've left home and returned home when it's dark every weekday since Easter, except for five days. Today was a good day, I went home on time. Look for the little things before the big things.

Last edited:
Yeah I know what's that's like @Ithikial My average working week last year was 53 hours (over 5 days), so far this year it's been 51hrs - nice to say I now start at 0600 instead of 0530 most days but often don't get home until 18-1900. Only reason for rant was supposed to be 5 days off, suppossed to be relaxing and it all fell apart today.

Many other peoples lives are worse and I've had MUCH worse years never mind days - just needed to vent.

Back