Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Spotting

P

PoorOldSpike

FOR YOUR EYES ONLY: no borg spotting in cmbn!

QB v AI: There's been heavy armoured combat in the street, so I ran this M8HMC (green circle) round the back streets to get rear shots, but no jerries show up on the screen!
It took me a while to figger out why; it was because I'd accidentally left another M8HMC selected (yellow circle), and we can only see things through the eyes of whatever unit is selected, and as the selected unit couldn't see the street, no enemy units appear on screen-
nn4.gif

The remedy is simple:- just click on any empty area of the screen to de-select the unit, and bingo, jerry vehs appear in the street like this.
Note the bottom data strip (circled) is cleared, indicating no unit is selected-
nn5.gif

Here's a view from another angle-
First, my M8HMC arrives but we can't see jack on screen because I've accidentally got that other M8 selected-
nn6.gif

But after I deselect it and clear the data strip by clicking an empty area of the screen, panzers appear by magic-
nn7.gif

And just for the record the Panther was brewed through the rear armour-
nn8.gif

NOTE- Alternatively, instead of clicking an empty area, I could have clicked the firing M8 to see things through his eyes, but the danger is that you might forget to de-select a unit later and go on seeing through his eyes only, and be blind to what's going on elsewhere on the screen.

Back