Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

STEAM log in problems

Badger73

One of the Few
FGM MEMBER
Is anyone else having problems accessing STEAM lately? It doesn't recognize my UserID/password. I follow the password recovery process that texts me a temporary code. I use that code to change my password. It says the password changed successfully. Then when I try to login using my UserID and new password, STEAM tells me that it's invalid! I tried on two different computers; gaming laptop and older gaming desktop. I emailed the Help Desk a day ago. They never responded.

I'm locked out of STEAM for now. Any thoughts?

Thanks.

One thing I remember about Steam account/login info is that it will keep your initial email from account creation. So for me, created the account in early 2000s with a now long dormant email address. So about a decade ago I changed my account to my current email address. But however I still have to use the ancient email to login. Its like its hard coded to the account. Don't know of any other service that does this.

Oh and Steam servers shutdown/reboot every Tuesday at 7pm EST. So we all get disconnected for less than 5 mins at that time.

Reactions: mTk
Thank you both, @mTk and @MeatEtr. I think I resolved my issues.
It appears that my local ISN's network was flakey at the same time I was changing passwords. The up-and-down network activities locked me out but made me think I was doing something wrong instead. I retried everything again 24 hours later and had no problems. My Steam account is good again. I successfully created an account for my son on my gaming desktop. I successfully used Family Activity account sharing so that his account can access and play the games in the library of my account. So far, so good. And . . . Steam Support did contact me within 36 hours of logging my issue with them. Fortunately, I no longer needed their assistance. Everything is back to normal. Life is good.

Back