Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Sunday afternoon with a book...

Was going to finish writing the rules for my CMFB Campaign 48 Hours at St Clervaux this afternoon...

... then I started reading this and just couldn't put it down ... riveting.

1611503584404.png

I can't remember who recommended it here ... but thank you :)

Last edited:
What? You read paper books?? ;)

So many movies portray the native American and Canadian cultures of the past in extremes.
Either as corny nature hippies or as super violent savages.
I've never forgotten the stories I heard as a kid about the shocking tortures supposedly inflicted.
Possibly (hopefully, for mercy's sake) not true. But horrifying torture was used by many cultures throughout history, so maybe so. Dumb-ass humans. :cautious:

I think the first time I ever saw North American natives portrayed in an 'everyday' way was the movie Dances With Wolves.
Yes there were battles, murders and scalpings by some tribes...but there were other normal human activities portrayed as well.
Things like community, philosophy, romance, friendship, humour, play, and kids getting up to mischief. Normal, easily relatable stuff.

The Sioux might take issue with the “most powerful Indian tribe” tag. When you are done with this book read “The Heart of Everything That Is: The Untold Story of Red Cloud, an American Legend”

Back