Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Surprise...

I have followed Flight Sims as long as I have had a PC.
As far as contemporary games go, I have il2 Battle of Stalingrad/Moscow/Kuban.
I really like the DCS WW2 modules but I really have to be in the Flight Sim zone to play them.
TrackIR, headphones, pedals, joystick etc ... gets to be a hassle to play!
And then I suck at it! Always getting shot down online!

The veterans in those lobby's are ruthless. Put me off of it but may return one day.

I have top gun fox 2 pro, about jeez, 10 years old. Are joysticks sold today greatly better?

I use a Thrustmaster HOTAS. It is very well made, but very pricy.

il2 BOS - Dashboard - do you recognise from what aircraft?

p40dash.jpg

Nice try BJ! It is the mighty P40E1.
caldwell.jpg

The highest-scoring P-40 ace, Clive Caldwell (RAAF), who claimed 22 of his 28½ kills in the type, said that the P-40 had "almost no vices", although "it was a little difficult to control in terminal velocity". Caldwell added that the P-40 was "faster downhill than almost any other aeroplane with a propeller." The P-40 had one of the fastest maximum dive speeds of any fighter of the early war period and good high speed handling.

Most of Caldwell's victories were claimed while serving in North Africa. The image above shows the P40 in Caldwell's colour scheme. The roughish paint job (note the yellow circle) was deliberate as the planes were painted this scheme in-theatre by the ground crews.

I've got a scale model of that exact plane. I know I used IL2 to help out with cockpit and other details on that plane. It had very unique landing gear system.

Would have liked to try to get a few fellow IL2 players and do an assigned position B17 run.

If you like B-17's you might find this piece from DCS interesting.

Check youtube for other DCS WW2 Normandy clips. Although by the losses on this raid it looks more like the infamous Schweinfurt raid!

If you have not read Stuka Pilot by Hans-Ulrich Rudel I strongly recommend it.

Read Adolf Galland's book way back in the 70s. Stuka pilots were pretty stocky to keep the blood in their head. Perfect job for Erick Cartman. lol.

I only read Galland's book recently when my father-in-law gave me a 1956 edition of the book.

If you have not read Stuka Pilot by Hans-Ulrich Rudel I strongly recommend it.
Read it, but Rudel was an unrepentant Nazi through and through. I believe it I had been sitting in that Army mess with him blowing and going about German greatness and how the Uas was inferior I would have been tempted to feed him a lead sandwich.

Back