Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Swifter than Eagles 16th Feb...

7IMZjqQ.jpg

This is a great DLC! I really look forward to the first FGM Bronze Age campaign. :love:
@Badger73 @kronenblatt

I have cooked up this cut-throat King Of The Hill-type tournament for the new DLC -- and we should use it to invite a bunch of players over from Slitherine to join in.

I call it KING OF KINGS.

King of Kings Ancients sample.jpg

Start with 8 players, 4 winners advance up to the next tier.. then two and so forth until one becomes the King.
The King then sees how long he can keep the challengers from unseating him.

Meanwhile, after Round 1, the eliminated players can re-join and new players slot in to fight their way up the pyramid.

Battles are Mirror, with the armies selected Pot Luck by myself as Tourneymeister (with time setting on, geographical maybe off, to give more options) -- variety is the spice of life, I say. :cool:
(MAP should be Pot Luck as well, Medium battle)
All the battles on a given TIER use the same settings.
Scores added up, higher scoring (any victory margin moves up)

Points earned each Round
TIER 1 Victory: 1
TIER 2 Victory: 2
TIER 3, Victory: 3
Throne Defence or Capture: 4

We can keep running total of the scores and run it for say, 4 months?

Do you think this could flay?

PS: Players get a tourney avatar assigned randomly. (just for aesthetic purposes ;-)

Looks like they've already scheduled a tournament for it starting next Thursday. Go to Slitherine Tournaments Page and sign up today!

View attachment 28746

The first round will commence on Thursday 23rd February 2023 at 10.00 am GMT. No further entries can be accepted after the tournament has begun.
This tournament will involve five rounds. Each round will last 14 days. The battles will be Medium-sized custom battles:
  1. Sumer 2170 BC: Gutian 2190-2115 BC vs Sumerian/Akkadian 2192-1762 BC. Open Battle. Middle-Eastern Agricultural.
  2. Anatolia 1400 BC: Luwian 1594-1180 BC with Mycenaean 1600-1251 BC allies vs Hittite 1594-1351 BC. Open Battle. Mediterranean Agricultural.
  3. Syria 1274 BC: Egyptian 1276-1201 BC vs Hittite 1275-1180 BC. Open Battle. Middle-Eastern Agricultural.
  4. Egypt 1208 BC: Egyptian 1276-1201 BC vs Libyan 1250-651 BC with Sea Peoples 1208-1176 BC allies. Open Battle. Middle-Eastern Agricultural.
  5. Israel 925 BC: Egyptian 945-720 BC vs Hebrew 1000-801 BC. Open Battle. Middle Eastern Agricultural.

Back