Syrian Campaign Briefing (and Game Master Tips)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ithikial

FGM 2ND IN COMMAND
ADMIN
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
Usually plays single player.
Syrian Briefing

Situation
I wish to commend you on your Governing of your District in these dark times these last few weeks. Rest assured your former Governor, now traitor, who fled the country will be brought to justice once things have stabilised. Sadly, that will be a while for now.

Things here in the capital are verging on desperate. What strength we have on hand are checking the American advance through the city but it is only a matter of time. It can only be a matter of days before all command and control falls apart. Already we have lost ongoing contact with the other cities across Syria.

Your district has largely been spared much of the fighting and what forces are in your area are some of the last reserves we have. We must start preparing for the phase of this conflict and I feel over the next few days you will be tested. Allah has put you in the right position at our most perilous juncture.

Mission
Your mission is twofold:
  • Cause as much damage to the enemy as possible to make them regret moving into your region. This is not the westerner’s homes and the eyes of their loved ones watch every step. Applying enough pressure will force them to pull back to save face.
  • Keep open a route of escape for what forces inside Damascus are able to escape the city when the time comes. We shall advise further on this objective soon.

Friendly Forces
Honestly you probably know more about your men than I. I gather you have collected what formations you can and organised a number of retreating units into fighting units. [Check Red Dropbox]. I also commend your effort to begin raising militias and guerrilla forces.

Protect your regular army units and keep them together for as long as possible. Every piece of armour or transport lost now will be felt ten-fold in a few days’ time if lost cheaply.

Your guerrilla forces are growing, good! Keep up the effort to increase your manpower to put in front of the enemy to slow and eventually stop their progress.

Keep searching for more weapons and troops to fight for the cause. I can’t promise we’ll be able to provide any support from the capital but in the mayhem outside the city there must be others desperate to re-join a command or seeking safety that security that fellow soldiers can provide.

Enemy Forces / Intelligence
It is mostly American forces that are moving through the streets of Damascus. We estimate at lease three brigades of infantry and vehicles are engaged with us. We have no contact with other forces we know that were operating in the area, particularly the British forces that crossed the border to the south west of the American units a few weeks ago.

Whoever you face, expect strong supporting units that will target you from over the horizon and professional infantry.

I’m sorry. There is little we can provide from our positions here in the capital. We are blind to everything beyond the city limits and are almost constantly shelled. Perhaps their concentration upon us here will give you some reprieve.

Notes
Gather whatever you can or comes your way over the coming days. You have full control of every man, woman and child in your protectorate. Put a weapon in every able-bodied man’s hands and a shovel in everyone else’s! Prepare for a long fight.

You can’t hope to win in a head to head confrontation with NATO forces but your district has many towns and farmlands that should provide a more even footing against their heavily mechanised and cumbersome forces.

Good luck and may Allah watch over you in this most desperate time. I hope to speak to you or better yet see you soon. Keep a light on for us and it will be a spark for the coming resistance.

Last edited:

Ithikial

FGM 2ND IN COMMAND
ADMIN
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
Usually plays single player.
Game Master Tips
  • Remember everything posted in this headquarters forum are specific secret rules and benefits only open to the Syrian Regime. Loose lips sink ships.
  • Study your maps and taskforces closely inside CMSF2. Pick the right areas to defend with the right forces.
  • Your primary mission is to kill the enemy, not to hold every single map or try to press forward to take their HQ. Fight the battles you can fight.
  • Cause whatever chaos you can cunningly come up with the make your opponent's lives a misery and hinder their campaign. (Within the spirit of the game... misplacing PBEM files with five turns to go is not "a plan.") Think what types of actions would get NATO forces in trouble as they conduct operations in the Middle East. You are the "bad guys."

Status
Not open for further replies.