Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
Usually plays single player.
@mcmortison
@rocketman
@JTimo

Need one of you gentlemen to stand up and take charge. @Mad Mike has some RL issues to attend to over the coming months.

Campaign map is updated. TF Duma was destroyed but was able to cause some moderate casualties onto the enemy in the process. A NATO Artillery battery was knocked out before dawn.

Campaign Turn 2 takes place between Midday and 6pm of Day 1 of the operation.

Edit: I just gave Blue Force a little bit of GM advice so will balance it out here. Mad Mike did a good job with what he had but you guys left all your IED's etc at home. Don't expect these guys to hold back NATO forces with just their rifles.

Last edited:

mcmortison

FGM Company Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
My PC died a week ago and I can't play ATM. As I had to pay my taxes and for the upcoming vacation in June and September I can't rebuild my PC in the next 3 Month.
Sorry

rocketman

FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Sorry, I can't take on that responsibility. Doing a battle is what I can manage. Where there any reserves that wanted to be in the campaign? Maybe ask in an open thread?

Ithikial

FGM 2ND IN COMMAND
ADMIN
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
Reinforcements!

@Bootie , @Vartuoosi and @olaf have been given permission to the Syrian HQ. Make them feel welcome and get planning for Turn 2.

New guys please take the time to read through the bits and pieces here and the campaign rules. It's not a lot. Remember you are the bad guys. :D

rocketman

FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
@Bootie : as our new commander just a heads up to have a look at the Area Recon Map I made in which you can survey all the different maps in the campaign. Can be zoomed in for details.
@Ithikial : are the on map icons for Al Raqqah and Homs switched (BTR vs BMP)? Just for clarification or am I mistaken?

My initial suggestion is to block map 6 with a mech force and bring on the remaining units at 12 and 13.

Bootie

FGM OWNER
ADMIN
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
greershane@gmail.com
Ok... have been doing a lot of reading.... but have come up with this brief outline.

So as suggested we move (white arrows) the Mech force to Map 6 and bring on the 2 remaining Uncon units.... Entry Points 9 & 13. I suspect the enemy (red arrows) to send the British to Map 3 but keep pressure on TF Aleppo by moving the US Sparta unit north... thus ensuring their entry point is clear for advances. The yellow arrow is to consider the possibility of pushing our armour onto their mech unit should it decide to head west to Map 5. Keeping their bridgehead at a minimum. Risky move but it may pay off... once we get the moves out of the way we can consider whih cards we are going to unleash (if any). :)

olaf

FGM Colour Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
schmolywar@gmail.com
Olaf callsign "Moderate Rebel" here. Ready for service.

JTimo

FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
1 game.
Thinking we want to prevent 2-node moves. To that end we would need to move Damascas to Map 5 otherwise we might be facing Sparta in Map 4. Likewise, moving AlRaqqah two nodes to Map 3 might prevent a 2 node move by Epirus. Would be aggressive, but the game has a turn limit, and preventing 2 node moves puts him on a tight timeline.

Ithikial

FGM 2ND IN COMMAND
ADMIN
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
So as suggested we move (white arrows) the Mech force to Map 6 and bring on the 2 remaining Uncon units.... Entry Points 9 & 13. I suspect the enemy (red arrows) to send the British to Map 3 but keep pressure on TF Aleppo by moving the US Sparta unit north... thus ensuring their entry point is clear for advances. The yellow arrow is to consider the possibility of pushing our armour onto their mech unit should it decide to head west to Map 5. Keeping their bridgehead at a minimum. Risky move but it may pay off... once we get the moves out of the way we can consider whih cards we are going to unleash (if any). :)
@Bootie - Check the commanders forum. Mad Mike sent one of those reserve taskforces out following up on a rumour of available armour assets so they are unavaialble at present.

Free GM advice (because Bootie needs to get his head around this material)
- You want to take on NATO on open terrain with armour... you're brave. ;) Load up the individual maps in the editor and study the terrain. It's one of your side's special rules so you can pick where you want to fight the battles.
- Standard Syrian Military forces (darker green) won't be easily replaced. Militia's (lighter green/grey) can be more easily replaced.
- You need to protect your 'bomb factory', 'garage' and 'community centre' that are specific buildings on certain maps. Check the dropbox for the specific locations that Mad Mike set up pre-turn 1. These generate additional in game assets for yourfor your militia forces to use.
- You are the start of an insurgency. You have IED's, spies and suicide bombers to use. I think there was a lost opportunity last campaign turn when Mad Mike sent in a militia unit with just their rifles to take on a British armoured infantry force. It got annialated virtually to a man.
- Do everything to cause casulties (that little bar down the bottom of the campaign map). The NATO side don't know that this is your primary way of winning this campaign.

olaf

FGM Colour Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
schmolywar@gmail.com
Im not the commander but I did take notice of that move of syrian armour out in the open as ithikial did. If I had the option I would keyhole those in urban terrain.

rocketman

FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
We should also try to make the best use of the unit(s) that have ATGMs. If they take out a single tank and then get taken out it is still a "victory".

olaf

FGM Colour Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
schmolywar@gmail.com
Yes lets not play this fair. If there is an opportunity for us to use IEDs alot more than a regular vanilla battle would then we should utilize that too. Imagine a whole city block filled with mines and IEDs.

olaf

FGM Colour Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
schmolywar@gmail.com
@Bootie - Id like to volunteer to take a heavily entrenched force in an urban setting. Its my element.

Vartuoosi

FGM Regimental Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Yeah, moving TF Damascus to map 5 seems like a really bad move. The area is completely open and on top of that it's a valley that would funnel our forces to a straight up head-on engagement.

Bootie

FGM OWNER
ADMIN
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
greershane@gmail.com
Yeah thats why it is in yellow... ok cancel that idea.

We also have only one unit available off map.

I still think mech to to Map 6. Leave the tank where he is and bring on Al Furqlas to Map 9.

We dont want to initiate any attacks this turn so @Ithikial do we allocate cards based on possible defensive battles?