FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
schmolywar@gmail.com
First impressions from observing my forces and the map; The technicals are useless in most cases, but here their only value is to maybe block a road. No mines or barbed wire? Green troops? (and not enough troops mind you) Ill make a hefty stand but this will get ugly!! They say an attacker should at least have 3:1 odds in manpower. Here it is really the other way.

Last edited:

olaf

FGM Colour Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
schmolywar@gmail.com
So I got a question; How do I know which triggerman belongs to a certain IED?

They are all bunched together here for the setup phase.

olaf

FGM Colour Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
schmolywar@gmail.com
I figured it out, I think. Battle is underway

rocketman

FGM Company Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
What happens if you double-click on the triggerman's icon - does the IED icon light up? Or the other way around?

Ithikial

FGM 2ND IN COMMAND
ADMIN
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
Usually plays single player.
It should be one formation of four with an additional IED and triggermen. Also you should be able to target with the IED's for the triggermen to detonate as that target comes into range of the IED. As long as the triggerman is still there to see it.

Ithikial

FGM 2ND IN COMMAND
ADMIN
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
@Bootie - You dead.

The good news is you get to sit here and not fill out campaign turn orders for a while. The bad news is you get sit here and not fill our campaign turn orders for a while. :D I'll still let you allocate support assets and IED's etc when engagements occur. In some more positive news, the remaining IED's on Map 2 exploded behind NATO lines causing an additional casualties among the US Marine forces deployed there.

Do you wish to continue as CO once the arbitrary 'No Headquarters period expires? Or do you want to hand over the CO duties to a capable brother/cousin? @Vartuoosi - interested?

Game master tip - Use your IED's and other unconventional assets! You are just growing a bigger and bigger stockpile. Also now NATO needs to start hitting big urban environments, certainly not out of this yet. :D

Vartuoosi

FGM Regimental Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Do you wish to continue as CO once the arbitrary 'No Headquarters period expires? Or do you want to hand over the CO duties to a capable brother/cousin? @Vartuoosi - interested?
I could give it a go but I've never been a CO in these types of campaigns so I have literally no idea what I would be doing.
Don't know how much other people care about that.

real jihad.jpg

Ithikial

FGM 2ND IN COMMAND
ADMIN
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
I could give it a go but I've never been a CO in these types of campaigns so I have literally no idea what I would be doing.
Don't know how much other people care about that.

View attachment 17212
Well it will be pretty easy up front since you can't do anything except react to the enemy movements. Other than that make same operational moves at the start of each campaign turn.

Happy to give Vart a go... I dead as you say. ;)
Zombie? ;)

Ithikial

FGM 2ND IN COMMAND
ADMIN
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
@Vartuoosi

Actually the NATO moves are in. One battle on Map 10. TF Masayaf comes under attack at midnight. What support do you want to assign?
- You can use the three of artillery batteries.
- You can use IED's and Spies from you unconventional pool. Since TF Masayaf is regular army unit, you can't use technicals or vehicle suicide bombers.

You can't make campaign moves or use action cards given Bootie get shot however nothing stopping your soldiers calling in support.

Also who do you want to fight the battle? I think it's just yourself and Bootie who are yet to fight one.

Ithikial

FGM 2ND IN COMMAND
ADMIN
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
@Vartuoosi (and @Bootie )
TF Conrinth was unable to clear the map (all three terrain objectives held) and was forced to withdraw. IED's went off after the battle causing 6 additional casualties.

TF Maysaf should of been removed but local unrest has led to local fighter groups and militias coming to it's aid. It is unable to operate effectively as a conventional Syrian military unit and is unable to move on the campaign map and will disintergrate after losing another battle. However, the bombardment and killing of civilians by NATO has shook the defenders to the core. TF Masyaf is considered 'Fanatic' for the remainder of the campaign.

Unrest in other areas causes will delay but not stop NATO forces.

After Bootie being killed you still need to wait one more campaign turn before you can make campaign moves, play action cards etc. No issues with calling in support.

Ithikial

FGM 2ND IN COMMAND
ADMIN
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
One battle taking place this campaign turn. I think it's only you left @Vartuoosi who needs to fight a battle. You up for it? Refight at Map 10. I'm assuming the artillery all goes back in again for support, however want to use any spies and IED's?

Ithikial

FGM 2ND IN COMMAND
ADMIN
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
Okay then @Vartuoosi and team over to you. Please check all the usual forum topics like the campaign map topic and the dropbox for updated files. I'm off work now so if you can get some movement orders to me within 24 hours I may have some files before Christmas. You have plenty of forces in strategic reserve that are ready to come onto the map if need be. You also have some commanders business of making a choice to attend to Vart.

NATO have no idea (or shouldn't...) that Vart is the new commander, so shoosh. :) Also Game Master Tip - Remember the fanatics inside Masyaf are locals so that taskforce is "stuck" there. A bunch of zealots won't like leaving their homes even if it is a pile of rubble.

Vartuoosi

FGM Regimental Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Time for some housekeeping.
I went through some of the reports on the previous battles and noticed something disconcerting.
Let me bring out some quotes:
I've surrendered now, so this battle should be done.
Time for me to surrender this one. Not much I can do.
This is unacceptable! From now on even if you only have couple men with Makarovs left in your command and cease fire negotiations haven't worked, you keep fighting and trying to kill more infidels. This is not ordinary war, this is a holy Jihad where every single dead Zionist lackey matters and our dead are martyrs who've earned their place in Jannah!
If you can't handle this, I will find men with stronger convictions to replace you.

Ithikial

FGM 2ND IN COMMAND
ADMIN
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
@Vartuoosi
You have three battles this campaign turn. Please refer to the campaign map forum topic and assign supporting assets to battles. (Don't forget your IED's spies etc). Please start assigning the battles to your commanders.

It will take me a little bit to get the three battles organised as I need to check a few things from this end but the sooner I have supporting asset assignments sooner I can have the battles ready.