Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Tank Warfare: Tunisia 1943 80% off on Steam

I picked it up as well since it was so cheap but just like all their games I have the best intention to take the time to give them a chance but it takes about 10 min before the UI and the logic of the UI give me a migraine. :(

Yep, that's why I need to build a better manual. Be a minute, RL is interjecting right now.

Hey that would be great! Are doing that for the group here to use or as an official manual. That is very kind of you.
Real life always first :)

Hey that would be great! Are doing that for the group here to use or as an official manual. That is very kind of you.
Real life always first :)
It will be for this community. It is an idea I floated last year to a couple of FGM’ers. So now that I have your attention, what I have planned is to take the existing manual and expand on it with examples and how to’s and “during this part you do this these are the tools you need and this is what they do”. How does that sound?

Ah great! I would say anything that makes the UI make more sense would be a welcomed project.
Im not sure I will ever play these games on a regular basis like CM but I thought I would tinker with it as I been kinda wanting something Africa theater.
It is hard to teach and old dog new tricks though :)

I picked it up as well since it was so cheap but just like all their games I have the best intention to take the time to give them a chance but it takes about 10 min before the UI and the logic of the UI give me a migraine. :(
[/QUOT.E.]

There is about a 30 minute tutorial on YouTube by a guy named “sim Deck”. That taught me more about setting up and playing than almost anything else I have seen. Check it out.

He has posted many Youtube video's. Which URL's do you recommend?

Although this video covers Operation Star, you get 23 minutes of how to start a battle, deploy forces and order them. Very succinct to the point video. All Graviteam games pretty much work like this...

This one from WarSimmer is similar, longer, but gets you up and going pretty quickly...

Thanks gents.
Sorry just now seeing this. I live in Pendleton, IN. We got hit by a couple tornadoes last week so its been a long week with no power for a few days.
Thankfully the one by me actually missed my house by about 100ft but tore down all the power lines and trees.

Really appreciate the videos.

Yep, they do a great job of illustrating how to get started and how to use the different elements of the game interface. I tried to pick one that showed the Operation Star interface and one that showed the Mius Front/Tunisia Tank Warfare interface. Hope this gets you started.

Last edited:
I think I got this at that sale mentioned in this thread. Had a punt at it and it was too confusing for me. Decided to give it another look recently. At the detail level this is a good looking game - if only it had a turn based/WEGO option!

Anyway, as HOA said, the manual needs a rewrite. I might have a punt at learning it and if I come to grips with it I'll put together my version of the manual and how to play the tutorials. Obviously the manual was written by someone with English as a second language - maybe American :p or Russian - hard to tell.

It really has some interesting tools and could be great. But cannot imagine playing multiplayer in real time. My thoughts at this stage are that the AI would do better without the players interference! At the moment focusing on one unit, eg anti-tank gun, and seeing how I can change events. Think you have to start small to get a grip with what is going on. Maybe multiplayer with an agreed pause - every minute. Do not get a replay though which I think would make large maps problematic. Then again these games might not be a micro-management style game and there is a playing concept I am missing.

Obviously very powerful game, the detail that the player can get involved with seems deeper than CM, but how to use this in real time?

I think I got this at that sale mentioned in this thread. Had a punt at it and it was too confusing for me. Decided to give it another look recently. At the detail level this is a good looking game - if only it had a turn based/WEGO option!

Anyway, as HOA said, the manual needs a rewrite. I might have a punt at learning it and if I come to grips with it I'll put together my version of the manual and how to play the tutorials. Obviously the manual was written by someone with English as a second language - maybe American :p or Russian - hard to tell.

It really has some interesting tools and could be great. But cannot imagine playing multiplayer in real time. My thoughts at this stage are that the AI would do better without the players interference! At the moment focusing on one unit, eg anti-tank gun, and seeing how I can change events. Think you have to start small to get a grip with what is going on. Maybe multiplayer with an agreed pause - every minute. Do not get a replay though which I think would make large maps problematic. Then again these games might not be a micro-management style game and there is a playing concept I am missing.

Obviously very powerful game, the detail that the player can get involved with seems deeper than CM, but how to use this in real time?

First and foremost I would classify these titles as battle simulators, not games. I think they do a very good job of placing you in the role of a company or battalion and possible a brigade commander. So you really have to think about that role and what it means, not compare the game to the CM series, which gives you some serious power over all your units.

I have found some very useful video's on Youtube that do a great job of explaining how the system works. In its most simple form, basically you pick a battle, you decide what battle you are going to fight, you can review and reinforce your units, all at the operational level and then you can deploy them. After you deploy them you can issue what I would classify as tactical orders, refinements to your operational orders and deployments. These orders can then be "stacked" in a certain way which controls how you until moves, how your unit engages and so forth. After the action has started you can refine what you unit does IF they are in communication and IF you have enough command points left to do it.

The fact you can pause the action in single player is helpful, as it is if available in any RTS that has that feature. I have not played it yet to the depth I need to, but I have run through it enough to have the basic idea and can run a battle. I need to just sit and play now and get a manual written.

role of a company or battalion and possible a brigade commander.
Thanks for your comments. I'm sure you are right, I am trying to play CM whereas this game looks at this level of combat from a different angle. Something to do with how Operational mode and Tactical mode interact. Like looking at those 3D pictures, you don't see it until you do!

PS The WARSIMMERS YT is well worth a view for those interested

Last edited:
Put another bunch of hours into the game and my rewrite of the manual - what a task! Particularly when I am still trying to figure out how the game works. Took me a couple of hours to figure out how to execute a mortar attack!
Thought I would put up my, very early, first draft. Still have to figure out a bunch of detail. If someone else want to volunteer to write a section that is fine also. As you will see from a few of the images I have included, it is a good looking game. A lot to like, shame the dev is not keen on promoting it to the english speaking world via a decent manual!

6 Aug: updated version of manual

Attachments

• twt43_manual_FGM1.0.pdf
    8.3 MB · Views: 45
Last edited:
Well done, goodness knows I have not got off my dead ass and started writing. Will look at this and see how I can assist. Thanks for being industrious and thanks for sharing what you have produced thus far. Much appreciated my man!

For those unfortunate enough to have missed out on the 80% sale, I thought I would give you a look at the eye candy.

come and get some jerry!

Last edited:
I thought this was a fun feature of TWT43. There is a good encyclopedia in the game that includes the following, but I thought it was impressive that you could bring up this data while in the scenario. Our favorite - the GMC M3 v PzIII

Back