Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Tankovyi Desant AAR (Iron setting, Germans vs AI, turn-based mode). Part Three: The Plan (2) - The Centre

drewshotsfan

FGM Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
"Facing the bridge, I positioned, from front to back, the following:
  • 4th Squad (B Team) comprising only two men closest to the bridge, but in visual contact with their CO
  • Muttersbach, the CO of the infantry squads, with his HQ, and in visual contact with myself
  • 4th Squad (A Team), also in visual contact with their CO
  • 3rd Squad, as a mobile reserve
  • My own HQ
  • Well to the rear and on a slight reverse slope, I positioned Zimmermann, the HQ for the three assault guns, in his StuG IIIG, codenamed 'Edelweiss Leader'. He could be brought forward if required
Screenshot (97).png

The view from my foxhole may be limited to the front by the woodland between my location and the bridge, but my position allows me to be in direct communication with Muttersbach, and also, importantly, with elements of the left flank across the other side of the dirt road, viewed off to my left.
Screenshot (115).png

Zimmermann, 'Edelweiss Leader', in his StuG IIIG. Although on a very slight reverse slope, he has a good view straight down the main dirt road that leads to the bridge, and also a sighting lane to the opposite side of the valley. His position in the woods, although slightly exposed, gives him protection from the flanks.
Screenshot (116).png

Attachments

• Screenshot (96).png
    Screenshot (96).png
    3.1 MB · Views: 0
  • Screenshot (105).png
    Screenshot (105).png
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
Back