Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Test post

This thread has served its purpose.. feel free to delete it again. I'd do it myself, but I don't have the option.

Back about 10 years ago I sent myself a test email. It arrived six months later.
Two years ago, I suddenly received an email from someone I had not heard from in 18 years. It seemed like she just replied to the previous message in the conversation without skipping a beat or telling me where she had been in all that time. I wrote back saying wow, blast from the past, have you been ok?

Never heard from her again.

So I'm thinking it was a "lost" email that somehow got stuck in the system...

Yeah it felt like that scene in Ghostbusters where the Titanic finally arrives to harbour after so many years on the bottom of the sea.

Lol. For what it's worth, mail headers include time send for every step. So if you still have the mail you could try and inspect the headers to see when it was actually send and if it got stuck in some mail queue somewhere for 18 years.

Lol. For what it's worth, mail headers include time send for every step. So if you still have the mail you could try and inspect the headers to see when it was actually send and if it got stuck in some mail queue somewhere for 18 years.

Hmmm will keep that in mind if I manage to find it. It's been washed away in a stream of other mails, and I can't even remember the name of the sender any more. It was never anything more than a pen pal, back from the time people had pen pals.

Back