Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

The 1915 West Point Class That Stars Fell On

These tidbits seem to lead me to learn more about the subjects. :)

The 1914 West Point baseball team. Omar Bradley is second from left. Every member of the team who remained in the army became a general. (Wikipedia)

stFhJ1f.jpg

It's hard to picture these generals as young strapping lads so....
The 1912 West Point football team. Dwight Eisenhower is third from left; Louis Merillat is eighth from the left, in the A sweater; Omar Bradley is on the far right. (Wikipedia)

ZvlnCow.jpg

I wondered why the pic on Wikipedia would mention Louis Merillat so I clicked on his name and found, among other information:

“Louis Alfred "Merry" Merrilat (Merillat), Jr. (June 9, 1892 – April 26, 1948) was an American football end and military officer. He played college football with Army and was selected as a first-team All-American in both 1913 and 1914. He was wounded in battle while serving in France during World War I and later played in the National Football League for the Canton Bulldogs in the 1925 NFL season. He became a soldier of fortune, training Iran's Persian Guard, working with the Chinese Army in the 1930s, and serving in the French Foreign Legion.”

Sounds like quite a character.
Make for a good movie ;)

And not to make light but the background music for the above tidbit should remind me of Americas Civil War but it always reminds me of Major Kong's survival kit contents check. Ha!

Back