Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

The Battle of Capracotta - CMFI QB campaign

Sort of holding on to the victory objectives (at least partially) in both battles ... holding on for dear life.

Reminded again that the ubiquitous Allied light mortars are overpowered in the game and bloody annoying. :mad:

In CM in the QB set up one can't really recreate the German's ability to use the 81 mortars as quickly and efficiently as they were reported to do in real battles (CRT's only way but way too expensive)

The battle for FIUGGI is near to the endgame... a little vignette of battle action as @Paleolithic Monk 's Americans maneuver to outflank my positions around the objective...

Scharfuhrer Mueller and his 20mm Flakvierling gives fire support to the troops of Waffen SS Battalion Becker at the objective, Casa Cerruti, on the upper right...

CM Fortress Italy 2020-04-22 08-12-07-715.jpg

When suddenly vehicle movement is spotted amongst the ancient olive groves on the left...

CM Fortress Italy 2020-04-22 08-14-54-226.jpg

"Scheisse! Feindpanzer on our flank! Step on hit Hans!!"

CM Fortress Italy 2020-04-22 08-13-56-307.jpg

Hans steps on it -- and with a panicked grinding of gears, the flak halftrack tries to pull back into cover with a much speed as the lumbering machine can muster!

Desperate covering fire as a shower of 20mm rounds ping off the Sherman, hoping to distract the enemy crew for a few vital seconds."

CM Fortress Italy 2020-04-22 08-14-58-829.jpg

Things getting desperate and exciting in these small, fast-paced battles.

Great fun. We shall see who gets the better of the opening skirmishes of this campaign.

mini-camp Turn 1a.jpg

Last edited:
Desperate times at Fauglia Pass ... South African infantry and a Tank Destroyer worked their way around our left flank using some dead ground ... the enemy infantry is taken under fire, while our StuG is turning around achingly slow (turns out his tracks have taken damage) ... nerve wracking stuff. Who will get off the first shot that counts?

The building complex at top is the victory location.

CM Fortress Italy 2020-04-23 07-56-34-886.jpg

The amazing last stand of Fusilier Ahrend ... a humble landser and mortar ammo bearer who got left behind when his comrades pulled back.

Finding himself isolated., armed with a scoped Karabiner 98k and some hand grenades, he first takes out a more distant target, then turning to see enemy infantry nearly on top of his position... he virtually single-handedly decimates an enemy rifle squad, before getting hit and wounded himself.

Looks like we have our first candidate for the Iron Cross in the Capracotta Campaign.

Although it does illustrate some weird spotting issues that CM suffers from :unsure:

Last edited:
I'm just pushing any and all of my infantry to attack at this point. Mortar teams, MG teams, cooks, Motor Pool mechanics, ect... Everyone fights! Plus you got my tanks, so there's that. :cry:
And every cook and mechanic seems to be carrying a super-powered Bren... LOL

Okay, the game just turned stupid on me ... in Fauglia Pass my guys holding the main house were just too busy doing f*****g buddy aid instead of defending the position... and your guys just ran into the building right past them and my guys panicked and got shot :mad:

...and seriously, you do seem to have an inexaustible supply of men... probably because I bought too much vehicles/guns.

Last edited:
The Fauglia Pass breach was a surprise! I just went for it, sending my Plt leadership team in and hoped for the best. To be fair though, it did look like the MG 34 gunner was finishing a re-loading sequence and the medic was preoccupied.
B2 7.JPG

And Fiuggi is a scramble to take the objective. I'm sending my Pixeltruppen in to take out that last enemy tank!
Fu 8.JPG

The battle of Fiuggi has finished. A total Allied victory secures the sector!

Hard won victory.
Fu 11.JPG

LtCol Duplessis, 1st BN Commander, inspects the objective and surveys the damage. (July 1944, colorized)
Fu 12.JPG

Back