Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

The Battle of Capracotta - CMFI QB campaign

Situation map after the first pair of battles at start of TURN 2.

Both sides' three follow-on Btn task forces have now entered the map.

In the north, with the battle ending in a Draw in Fauglia Pass, this zone is now "contested" and we are fighting a follow-up ME battle to sort matters out up there.

The overwhelming hordes of American infantry of 1st Btn 24 RCT managed a Total Victory over WSS Btn Becker, which now loses a strength pip and retreats out of the hex, it also gets a "regrouping marker" -- meaning it can move and defend as normal, but cannot attack this turn.
The 1st Btn 24 RCT has a "battle won" marker added.

Axis orders have been locked in on my side -- waiting for @Paleolithic Monk to send me his Allied orders, then we can proceed with the next round of moves and battles.

PCPbDUB.jpg

Next turn orders have been processed and here's how it played out... from north to south:

At FAUGLIA PASS - the zone is contested after last round's DRAW, so we resume with another ME battle (we're using a new QB map with similar terrain)

SANTA SOFIA - 1. Btn Kampfgruppe Steiner and the 5th Btn Grenadier Guards both advance into the zone at same time and a ME battle ensues.

SAN LAZZARO - SS Btn Becker was meant to pull back and let Fallschirmjager Btn Faust take over, but 1st Btn 24 RCT steal the march and attack first instead. An Allied Probe battle ensues along the coast.

The additional support Battalion task forces of both sides move up in support.

rz19GIY.jpg

At SANTA SOFIA , 1. Btn Kampfgruppe Steiner has pulled out the big guns! The 5th Btn Grenadier Guards is on the radio to division HQ demanding to know why their intel lacked the inclusion of German heavy armor in the brief!
Panther 1.JPG

At SANTA SOFIA , 1. Btn Kampfgruppe Steiner has pulled out the big guns! The 5th Btn Grenadier Guards is on the radio to division HQ demanding to know why their intel lacked the inclusion of German heavy armor in the brief!
View attachment 18677

No worries ... It's actually just an Opel truck cunningly disguised with some cardboard cut outs. :)

Oh good! My Pixeltruppen spotted and fired an AP round at another one of these "trucks" sneaking around a building in one of the objective villages. He ran off before they could asses the damage.
Panther 2.JPG

Allied Pixeltruppen have the bridge at SAN LAZZARO and the village behind it in sight. The Germans are not going to give up this real estate without a fight! Mortar fire already inflicting casualties.
San Lz 1.JPG

Scouts have reported German armor in the village.
San Lz 2.JPG

Allied Pixeltruppen have the bridge at SAN LAZZARO and the village behind it in sight. The Germans are not going to give up this real estate without a fight! Mortar fire already inflicting casualties.
View attachment 18682

Scouts have reported German armor in the village.
View attachment 18684

Damn, who left that Opel truck parked out there in the open? :D:runner:

Last edited:
Here's the Pak-40 at SAN LAZZARO that hit my M-10. He's got my attention...
San Lz 3.JPG
The second battle at FAUGLIA PASS is an open, hilly area. Time to break out the e-tools and dig in boys!
second 1.JPG

two hits in close succession on an American M-10 tank destroyer in distance ... hopefully ko'd it... (hard to see with all the dust, haze and smoke around) of course a couple of turns later they themselves got shot to pieces by return fire...

Return fire from the tank destroyer? I've noticed that those open-topped TDs are strangely resilient.

Actually thinking of reviving that ... smaller version with Onion Wars-redux rules adapted ...

Hey @Rico I'd like your thoughts on a campaign system I'm building using vassal that I posted here.
I thought Concord might like me to build one for his campaign but it's too late in day so to speak.
If you have a wish list for sorts, let me know.

Back