Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

The Bombardment - Netflix

Guardsman

FGM Company Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
I watched this at the weekend and found it quite gripping but also very dark in a trauma kind of way. There is pretty cool footage of Mosquito fighter bombers in action and plenty of tension but overall i detected a bit of an anti-British feeling to the film rather than seen as liberators, which was an unwelcome surprise but very understandable when the full story emerges (which was quite shocking and no-doubt covered up at the end of the war). We probably all know about the famous air raid on the Gestapo HQ in Denmark but bet not many know of the shocking 'collateral damage' that went with it and your left definitely thinking the raid wasnt worth the cost. Even the brutal opening sequence shocked me, and was definitely unexpected, no allied flag waving in this film!
Well worth the watch but be prepared to be quite shocked all the way to the end credits that reveal the grim statistics.

Back