Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

The Borscht Wars CM Black Sea Campaign

images

Just caught up with this (I've been ignoring CMBS stuff for a while ...), would like to participate and help out / test stuff if needed and helpful.

Would like to participate as well! Looks very good so far!

While @Bootie and @Ithikial are off designing & developing the official CMBS narrative, serious hard-core campaign -- I have revamped the map for the Borscht Wars from a hex-based map to one with zones to fight over -- each zone contains a dominant terrain type -- there are 7:
1. City - which will be the fighting for the actual urban area
2. Woods/Forest
3. Wooded farmland
4. Open farmland
5. Open steppe/grassland
6. Wooded Hills
7. Hills/Rough
each of the above may also contain small villages and a few small towns are on the map itself.

BORSCHT-ZONE-master-flat-1800dpi.jpg~original

This is a straight-up war between two small ex-soviet republic countries (one side will use Ukrainian kit -- one side Russian, with lots of shared equipment) ... each side has 4 cities with production points which will allow for the building and upgrading of units -- there will be a equipment points shopping list and production delays... etc
The basic formation is the Tank, Mech or Mot Inf Battalion Task Groups (called brigades) -- with support units attached -- helicopter and air support available as well. - CMBS battles will be fought out on relatively large maps (minimum size at least 1500 x 1500 metres) in average 40 minute battles

There's a lot more details to add, like how the zones are fought over etc...

I am looking for a player to play test this against me to test the game and combat system over the next few months...

While @Bootie and @Ithikial are off designing & developing the official CMBS narrative, serious hard-core campaign -- I have revamped the map for the Borscht Wars from a hex-based map to one with zones to fight over -- each zone contains a dominant terrain type -- there are 7:
1. City - which will be the fighting for the actual urban area
2. Woods/Forest
3. Wooded farmland
4. Open farmland
5. Open steppe/grassland
6. Wooded Hills
7. Hills/Rough
each of the above may also contain small villages and a few small towns are on the map itself.

BORSCHT-ZONE-master-flat-1800dpi.jpg~original

This is a straight-up war between two small ex-soviet republic countries (one side will use Ukrainian kit -- one side Russian, with lots of shared equipment) ... each side has 4 cities with production points which will allow for the building and upgrading of units -- there will be a equipment points shopping list and production delays... etc
The basic formation is the Tank, Mech or Mot Inf Battalion Task Groups (called brigades) -- with support units attached -- helicopter and air support available as well. - CMBS battles will be fought out on relatively large maps (minimum size at least 1500 x 1500 metres) in average 40 minute battles

There's a lot more details to add, like how the zones are fought over etc...

I am looking for a player to play test this against me to test the game and combat system over the next few months...

This is shaping up nicely, can't wait to play! :2charge:

I'm available for any test battle !
Let me know if you still need a test player.

Back