Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

The Captain

Gunner

FGM Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
I just watched the movie “The Captain”
It was on HBO On Demand.
I thought it was excellent and now is one of my top war movies.
Amazing and true how the power of a uniform can effect a man.
I highly recommend this movie.
I’m not much in the way of a reviewer so I’ll just add a synopsis from imdb.com

The Captain (German: Der Hauptmann) is a 2017 international co-produced historical drama film written and directed by Robert Schwentke. It was screened in the Special Presentations section at the 2017 Toronto International Film Festival. It tells the story of German war criminal Willi Herold, who assumed a stolen identity as a German officer and orchestrated the killing of deserters and other prisoners at one of the Emslandlager camps.

In the last moments of World War II, a young German soldier fighting for survival finds a Nazi captain's uniform. Impersonating an officer, the man quickly takes on the monstrous identity of the perpetrators he's escaping from.

I just watched the movie “The Captain”
It was on HBO On Demand.
I thought it was excellent and now is one of my top war movies.
Amazing and true how the power of a uniform can effect a man.
I highly recommend this movie.
I’m not much in the way of a reviewer so I’ll just add a synopsis from imdb.com

The Captain (German: Der Hauptmann) is a 2017 international co-produced historical drama film written and directed by Robert Schwentke. It was screened in the Special Presentations section at the 2017 Toronto International Film Festival. It tells the story of German war criminal Willi Herold, who assumed a stolen identity as a German officer and orchestrated the killing of deserters and other prisoners at one of the Emslandlager camps.

In the last moments of World War II, a young German soldier fighting for survival finds a Nazi captain's uniform. Impersonating an officer, the man quickly takes on the monstrous identity of the perpetrators he's escaping from.

The Clip makes you want to watch more

Nice.
I'd pay that to see it just once. ;)

I was wondering why so many people were cowed by the captain.
One reason may be something I found on imdb:
"The captain's uniform he later dons has the Narvik Shield and the Kreta (Crete) cuff title on the left arm, the Iron Cross 1st class on the left pocket top, the Luftwaffe Paratrooper Badge, Wound Badge, and the Army General Assault Badge. The Iron Cross 2nd Class ribbon is also worn to right of the left pocket."

Impressive indeed.

Back