Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

The Charge of the Strykers

S

SGTJAW

Have just played through the first three missions and have some questions.

In multiple missions it states I will have 120mm support that is not present, with a little digging this post seems to agree that the mortar carrier (and anti-air assets) is just not given to you? -https://community.battlefront.com/topic/136605-charge-of-the-stryker-brigade-difficulty/

The difficulty aside, I found them challenging but not impossible and made it through the first two with wins and minor losses, especially as ammo and minor repairs are made between turns.

In the 3rd mission I rolled over the starting side of the river with minimal losses due partly to luck and prepped to flank with infantry over both fords as I suspected the bridge to be mined and watched. (Spoilers-- having looked in a cease fire there was no mines (odd as it was explicitly mentioned in the briefing) and my probes had killed all defense in "saddle" already)

My left flank through the suburbs of the town with 2nd plt met minimal resistance and while resting before pushing further had a full platoon of Russian infantry spawn in on the edge of the map ~50m behind them. I saved and let the turns run through for ~10 to see what happens. The MGS platoon is either 15 minutes late or not going to spawn. The Company HQ spawned with a single mortar carrier that was part of the missing full section that I was supposed to start with?

Is this jankyness something that I should expect for the rest of the campaign?

Edit- linked the wrong thread but its embedded in that one, apologies

Did you download the reworked campaign as referenced in the Battlefront forums? Or are you playing the original campaign?
I am surprised at the number of people who claimed they couldn't win the first scenario in the campaign without a 120mm mortar

Did you download the reworked campaign as referenced in the Battlefront forums? Or are you playing the original campaign?
I am surprised at the number of people who claimed they couldn't win the first scenario in the campaign without a 120mm mortar
I believed I had but I may be wrong in hindsight.

Yeah even though I was missing assets I was able to get total victory on 1 and 3 with a tactical win on 2. The thing that really got me was the complaint of the TOW-2 being useless in mission 1

been a long time but i sent them to the far left.... they got some kills firing over the lake on the far side of the bridge

In the first Mission I found positioning a TOW Stryker on the far left firing over the lake is a prime spot.

Quick update on the scenario development: an early test which featured a substantial Russian mechanized force attempting to take the Hostomel airport while driving towards Bucha, Irpin and Kyiv is easily stopped by a smaller Ukrainian force with fewer BTRs and tanks but more ATGM teams. The roads lined with forests to the north and east of the airport turn out to be lethal kill zones for armor. The dynamics oscillate between the wide open area of the airstrip and the wooded and urban areas obviously requiring a dual approach for the attacking force. I will revisit the scenario with different tactics for the attacker, namely, advance with infantry dismounted, establish good FO points, and make more extensive use of artillery on the offense.

Quick update on the scenario development: an early test which featured a substantial Russian mechanized force attempting to take the Hostomel airport while driving towards Bucha, Irpin and Kyiv is easily stopped by a smaller Ukrainian force with fewer BTRs and tanks but more ATGM teams. The roads lined with forests to the north and east of the airport turn out to be lethal kill zones for armor. The dynamics oscillate between the wide open area of the airstrip and the wooded and urban areas obviously requiring a dual approach for the attacking force. I will revisit the scenario with different tactics for the attacker, namely, advance with infantry dismounted, establish good FO points, and make more extensive use of artillery on the offense.
Sorry - wrong thread.

Back