Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

The Eye of The Storm - a 4th c. AD campaign: RECRUITING

kronenblatt

FGM Company Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
If you like hexagon-map campaigns, the Roman era, and if you loved the Imperium Romanum II board game from the 1980's like I did, I'm looking at launching a campaign, using the map of Imperium Romanum II in order to hopefully constitute a manageable, interesting, as well as fun campaign. It will cover the eastern half of the Roman empire in the second half of the fourth century AD, with Roman (Purple) imperial armies fighting the Sassanids (Green) in its east and the Goths (Yellow) in its west, along the lower and middle Danube.

This will involve ideally 8 players (distributed between the three factions: Romans, Sassanids, and Goths, the players themselves dividing up commands within their factions).

The campaign will roughly coincide with (part of) the Imperium Romanum II scenario #23 "The Gothic Storm", with the western-most part of the map at start being the provinces of Iazygia, Pannonia Inferior, Dalmatia, and Illyricum.

Army lists to be used will be Roman 313-378 AD, Germanic Horse Tribes 260-492 AD with or without Dacian (Carpi) 107-380 AD allies, Armenian 253-476 AD, and Sassanid Persian 350-476 AD with or without Arab (Bedouin) 300-636 AD allies.

It will all be played out and managed on the Slitherine forum, with a link to the thread HERE.

In case you're interested to participate, please let me know.

5INdbaj.png

zDcF3x6.png

bsgBrvv.png

Last edited:
Yes please, I was just reading the rules. Still have to wrap my head around the battle set-up for different sized armies.
Excellent: welcome! (What's your user name on Slitherine, so that I can add it to the list there?)

Please feel free to ask any questions on the rules. :) I write in a very formal and complicated style (since English is not my native tongue and I'm used to legal documentation... :cool: ) For example: regarding the different-sized armies: it's all about strength difference between the two armies with each step in such strength difference adjusting both armies' FP by 20 FP in opposite directions from the original 1600 FP (e.g., 1600 - 2*20 = 1560 and 1600 + 2*20 = 1640).

We're currently ten players which will work out fine to kick off the campaign, but two more Romans would be nice.
  • anderarcos11 => GOTHS
  • SpeedyCM => GOTHS
  • Triarii => GOTHS
  • Aetius39 => ROMANS
  • carpenkm => ROMANS
  • Ironclad => ROMANS
  • Nathangun => ROMANS
  • ? => ROMANS
  • ? => ROMANS
  • Karvon => SASSANIDS
  • kronenblatt => SASSANIDS
  • markleslie => SASSANIDS