Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

The Feudal North... The Battle of Battle of Otepää (1217AD) (room for 1 new player)

It's pretty messy but at least the carnage is more or less fairly distributed...
Those knights really are hard to stop and you have the numbers but I do have some isolated success stories. My left flank seems to have done pretty well, unfortunately I see swarms of levies running that way to bolster it for you. More reinforcements please!

The battle went my way, the Sword Brethren were seen off after a hard-fought defence that split up into several bloody skirmishes. I can't remember the numbers, but it was a pretty close-run affair. I expected more reinforcements, two units of cavalry didn't help me much. Luckily, we held off the foe on our own. This was a tough one for me, I really thought I'd be overwhelmed and I'm not so sure what I did right. I guess the key was holding those low hills for long enough and not letting the knights run riot behind my lines once they'd, not unexpectedly, broken through.
Thanks @Josey Wales for another tough battle.

Yeah, I agree. It's all about hitting hard and fast. However, if you don't give time to bring up the infantry support, those knights quickly get stalled and swarmed so timing is important.
The Estonians should definitely pull back to that low hillside if they want to hold the knights up and, when the knights punch through, have some infantry ready to flank attack them and surround.
We saw how it broke down into various isolated skirmishes and that seemed to suit the Estonians. I found this one a better challenge than the last battle, there seemed to be more leeway for either side to win.
Nice choice.

Back