Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

The FGM Motorcycle Thread

Never touched a bike before I was 19, got into it because I thought it'd save a dying relationship.

Best stupid decision I ever made! Did the crotch rocket thing for a while, but these days I'm on a 2012 Vstrom 650. No car license so she's my daily as well as a toy :)

I had Harleys all my life ... last was a 99' Fat Boy... haven't ridden since 08 cause of back/hip problems... very sad

@Buckykatt That's the same color as my old Kawasaki! Yea, they were fast!!

My 2nd bike was a used Honda CB750 that I bought in 1988. I've also owned two Sportsters (at the same time even), a 1979 Ironhead, and a 2009. I did a lot of mods to the '09, including a full Screaming Eagle upgrade. Sadly, I can't find pics of any of them, with the exception of one partial pic of my old Ironhead with one of my Iguanas sitting on the seat.

Igonironhead.jpg

So anyway, a good friend of mine just bought his first bike and his enthusiasm is rubbing off on me. Now I want another one. I've narrowed it down to either a Harley Roadster (basically a bobbed Sportster, think "cafe racer" style), or an Indian Scout.

roadster.jpg
scout-pinstripe-6.jpg

They are both about the same price ($12k). Dammit, I want both of them!

Years ago, a friend of mine had a "Dynaglide" just bigger than a sportster, a nice bike. I personally like bikes without all the fairings, radios, etc. I guess I'm an old school rider. But having said that, I stay fairly close to home too, no long trips.

F
Hey Bucky I found a video of Jay Leno riding one of the old Kawasaki H2s, and then the new one.

F'in fantasic!!! Yeah mine was the 73 model, if you notice in the pic, the one pipe has a nice gouge in it, and it doesn't have any turn indicators, the guy dumped it and broke them off on the right side, so he took all of them off. I bought it for $1300 as I remember. My stepmom co signed a loan for me.

Oh yes........had bikes for years, mostly BMW........currently riding a BMW R1100R with Givi screen, handguards, engine protectors, panniers and Givi top box with back rest.
I reckon I've easily ridden over 60k over the years.......here's a video I did a few years back when I had aBMW 1200 RT......

Here's the ride home from work on my current steed, film shot with a Go Pro cam mounted on top of the crash helmet.

Did a 500 mile one day ride a few yrs back - up to the Lake District from the Cotswolds where I live - up to Ambleside on the Mway, peeled off there and rode over the three highest passes in the lakes, then back the same way, stopping at Lake Windermere for an ice cream at 4pm......eventually got home around 9.30pm, having left home at 5.30am.

I love the freedom the bike gives me.

Here it is...........nothing special, but it's paid for and it's mine.

P1000743.jpg

Steve

Oh yes........had bikes for years, mostly BMW........currently riding a BMW R1100R with Givi screen, handguards, engine protectors, panniers and Givi top box with back rest.
I reckon I've easily ridden over 60k over the years.......here's a video I did a few years back when I had aBMW 1200 RT......

Here's the ride home from work on my current steed, film shot with a Go Pro cam mounted on top of the crash helmet.

Did a 500 mile one day ride a few yrs back - up to the Lake District from the Cotswolds where I live - up to Ambleside on the Mway, peeled off there and rode over the three highest passes in the lakes, then back the same way, stopping at Lake Windermere for an ice cream at 4pm......eventually got home around 9.30pm, having left home at 5.30am.

I love the freedom the bike gives me.

Here it is...........nothing special, but it's paid for and it's mine.

P1000743.jpg

Steve
Oh wow, beautiful bike my friend

That 1200 RT was a great bike, I really liked it.

A few snaps of my rides .......

heading for a bend at warp factor nine........

bourton0250fz%5B1%5D%5B1%5D.jpg

My son (now 25 with a daughter of his own) on another of my beemers, an 1150 GS.......great bike but a bit tall.......

BIKE_01.jpg

Sold that and then had the older 1100 RT............very capable mile muncher with heated grips and electric screen........I named it The Pathfinder.........

IMG_2562.jpg

IMG_2592.jpg

My favourite photo of the 1200 RT, affectionately known as The Panzer...........

cornbury017Medium%5B1%5D.jpg

..and this photo was selected by other members on an american bikers forum I frequent, to be included in their calendar (one photo for each month).

Photos%20for%20calendar%20001%20%28Large%29%20%28Medium%29.jpg

I won't bore you with any more photos just now........
Steve

The Boxer engined Beemer is not everyone's cup of tea. Some find them (older ones in particular) a bit agricutural and they are a heavy bike - BUT, the monolever suspension is great and I've led many a sportsbike a merry dance thru the twisties on a bike that has no right to hustle so well, yet does so.
The lazy torque and ability to ride all day in comfort at high speed on what most consider to be an old mans bike suits me fine - no one is gonna bother to look twice at it, but I know it could take me across a continent easily.

Steve

That 1200 RT was a great bike, I really liked it.

A few snaps of my rides .......

heading for a bend at warp factor nine........

bourton0250fz%5B1%5D%5B1%5D.jpg

My son (now 25 with a daughter of his own) on another of my beemers, an 1150 GS.......great bike but a bit tall.......

BIKE_01.jpg

Sold that and then had the older 1100 RT............very capable mile muncher with heated grips and electric screen........I named it The Pathfinder.........

IMG_2562.jpg

IMG_2592.jpg

My favourite photo of the 1200 RT, affectionately known as The Panzer...........

cornbury017Medium%5B1%5D.jpg

..and this photo was selected by other members on an american bikers forum I frequent, to be included in their calendar (one photo for each month).

Photos%20for%20calendar%20001%20%28Large%29%20%28Medium%29.jpg

I won't bore you with any more photos just now........
Steve
Beautiful

Back