Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

The King Is Dead -- FOG II mini campaign (Concluded)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Vikings suffer a crushing and humiliating defeat down in WESSEX ... the disgraced Viking leader, Rico The Redfaced, was last seen ignominiously rowing back to Denmark in disgrace...

king is dead TURN 4b.jpg

TURN 4 ATTACKS:

ANGLO-SAXONS:
WALES -- @Bootie vs @Nathangun

SCOTS: NORTHUMBRIA -- @Josey Wales vs @chiquichops

VIKINGS: WESSEX -- @Rico vs @chiquichops -- Viking Defeat (-33%)

WELSH: (no attack)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Assign your commanders for the battles and either side can set up the battle.

Open Battle, Medium - Pot Luck map or map type by mutual agreement

Reminder for the Armies:
1. Anglo-Saxons: Anglo-Saxon (871 - 949 AD)
2. Scots: Scots (851 - 1051 AD)
3. Welsh: British (600 - 1030 AD)
4. Vikings: Viking (790 - 899 AD)

Last edited:
NORTHUMBRIA falls to the Scots with a 21-51 victory over the Saxon army. Having suffered so many defeats at the hands of the Northumbrians, the Scots were not confident going into this battle. However, better use of the terrain and the lack of Saxon cavalry allowed the Scots to draw the heavier Saxon foot in and then, with our own cavalry, swoop around their left flank and smash through their lines from behind.

SCOTS capture NORTHUMBRIA!

How is the battle for CUMBRIA going?

king is dead TURN 4bb.jpg

TURN 4 ATTACKS:

ANGLO-SAXONS:
WALES -- @Bootie vs @Nathangun

SCOTS: NORTHUMBRIA -- @Josey Wales vs @chiquichops - Scottish Victory (+30%)

VIKINGS: WESSEX -- @Rico vs @chiquichops -- Viking Defeat (-33%)

WELSH: (no attack)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Assign your commanders for the battles and either side can set up the battle.

Open Battle, Medium - Pot Luck map or map type by mutual agreement

Reminder for the Armies:
1. Anglo-Saxons: Anglo-Saxon (871 - 949 AD)
2. Scots: Scots (851 - 1051 AD)
3. Welsh: British (600 - 1030 AD)
4. Vikings: Viking (790 - 899 AD)

10 turns left but not going well for me. All credit to @Nathangun but the terrain severly hapered me this time... my scouts chose the wrong place to call a battle. I had to cross a river and climb into the hills before I could even reach the Welsh on the high grounds... so I had to try and flank to make them twist out of position but I dont believe it has worked.

2 turns left and Im still fighting... I was down to -21% at one point but have pulled it back to +5%. This has been a real intriguing game as I split my force hoping to split his force on the high ground and it did work as a large force set out to attack the front left of my line whilst my centre and right pivoted round.... his troops wiped out my left front but had to cross a river to get to them. Now a large portion of his army is south of the river whilst my troops north of the river defeated his troops and are currently chasing down his C in C and with 2 turns left he has to turn and cross the river back towards me. This can still go either way!

2 turns left and Im still fighting... I was down to -21% at one point but have pulled it back to +5%. This has been a real intriguing game as I split my force hoping to split his force on the high ground and it did work as a large force set out to attack the front left of my line whilst my centre and right pivoted round.... his troops wiped out my left front but had to cross a river to get to them. Now a large portion of his army is south of the river whilst my troops north of the river defeated his troops and are currently chasing down his C in C and with 2 turns left he has to turn and cross the river back towards me. This can still go either way!
Sounds like a fun battle :2charge:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back