FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
5-8 games.
Email
ian.leslie@lesliesoftware.com
My game against @poesel71 has finished. A win for me. Thanks for the game - it was a tough on there for a while.
QD6Round2ACCatvsPoesel71End.jpg

In one dramatic moment my flame team area fired into the yard of the farm where a 20mm flak gun had previously been knocked out. My timing was off and my assault team was ahead of the flame team. Between the flames and the exploding ammunition I lost sever men - ouch.

CM Normandy 2018-08-18 17-22-13-95.jpg

A Canadian Cat

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
5-8 games.
Email
Oh - I was not paying attention apparently that is rare. The sparse trees around the 75 point objective are tricky to deal with. The enemy can see you coming but it is hard to get eyes on them - especially with the high view point Marders.

poesel71

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
markus@johalla.de
My game against @poesel71

In one dramatic moment my flame team area fired into the yard of the farm where a 20mm flak gun had previously been knocked out. My timing was off and my assault team was ahead of the flame team. Between the flames and the exploding ammunition I lost sever men - ouch.

View attachment 15749
Ah - I wondered where the explosion came from! ;)

This one started bad and then went downhill. The Flak in the picture above was destroyed by a shot that went through the two pixels between 2 buildings. I thought I had parked it behind cover. To make matters worse its demise damaged the gun on the other Flak on the left (not shown). At around the same time I lost a Marder also due to bad parking. 3 vehicles down without having spotted one enemy. This trend continued until I was down to one Marder and the Flak with the broken gun. It was a disaster. :(

Good game Ian! But you owe me the last turn... :)

A Canadian Cat

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
5-8 games.
Email
Ian seems to be a man among men. It will be my honor facing him on the right side of the map. :)

Respect.
I look forward to it. I guess that makes me the last man standing on both sides of the bracket. What are the chancles of a rematch in the next round @poesel71 ?

poesel71

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
markus@johalla.de
The game ended in a draw but I win on points.

Bildschirmfoto 2018-08-31 um 17.39.37.png

Good game @Nathangun !

This one started just like the other one: invisible enemy units kill my vehicles. I'm down two for nothing. Also one Marder and a Flak get hit and the crews bail. But I had my infantry advanced toward the small house and now comes the moment to shine for Unteroffizier Rambowski. He and his team single-handedly attack two Flaks, destroying one and driving the other away in close-combat. He died in the course of his duties (of course).
During this time I had exactly one crewed Marder. Good thing Nathan didn't know that :D
Luckily the Flak crew rallied at that point, recrewed and drove to the small house just in time to kill two Flaks in two turns.
Over at the other small house Nathan attacks with infantry. Close combat ensues and I can barely hold the ground and repel the attack.

That was very, very close. Indeed well fought @Nathangun !

Nathangun

FGM Colonel
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
nathangun@gmail.com
The game ended in a draw but I win on points.

View attachment 15771

Good game @Nathangun !

This one started just like the other one: invisible enemy units kill my vehicles. I'm down two for nothing. Also one Marder and a Flak get hit and the crews bail. But I had my infantry advanced toward the small house and now comes the moment to shine for Unteroffizier Rambowski. He and his team single-handedly attack two Flaks, destroying one and driving the other away in close-combat. He died in the course of his duties (of course).
During this time I had exactly one crewed Marder. Good thing Nathan didn't know that :D
Luckily the Flak crew rallied at that point, recrewed and drove to the small house just in time to kill two Flaks in two turns.
Over at the other small house Nathan attacks with infantry. Close combat ensues and I can barely hold the ground and repel the attack.

That was very, very close. Indeed well fought @Nathangun !
Yeah good game. 07