FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
ricoschacherl@gmail.com
We're down to the last three meanest, shit-kicking hombres left standing... which means it's time for the Quick & Dead 7 Semifinals!

In the CMBN corner it's @Titan vs @MeatEtr

In the CMRT corner we have @MeatEtr vs @GDog

This line up means that the @MeatEtr gets two bites at a spot in the finals ... he could even end up playing himself. ;)

Scenarios just about ready -- we should be able to kick this off in a day or two -- the @Titan match will be delayed by a week as our Kiwi semifinalist is away on a trip (no doubt refining his trash talk skills for the do or die match vs the Meat) ;)

Titan

FGM Company Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
5-8 games.
Email
panzer@xtra.co.nz
"Words of wisdom!" :unsure:

You need to change your name to Dead Meat!!!!!!! You only just slipped by me on an off day. As far as i'm concerned this a done deal and i gotta hook all waiting to hang ur scalp up on.

Rico

FGM Major General
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
ricoschacherl@gmail.com
Ok ... here are the scenarios ready for download below.

For the CMBN battle it's a Holland map (alas, no windmills) ... British armour... Churchills, with a couple of Fireflies added just for fun and a platoon of crack paras just to keep everyone honest.
@MeatEtr sets that one up as "Axis" player.

For the CMRT side, it's Russkie heavy metal... JS-3's, SU-152's face off in a quite overgrown village... and a platoon of sappers with flamethrowers just to add a little spice & heat.
@GDog sets that one up as "Axis" player.

Good luck ... blow lots of stuff up ... see you in the finals!

Attachments

Titan

FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
5-8 games.
Email
panzer@xtra.co.nz
Yeah go get 'em @Titan. We cannot have @MeatEtr surrender to himself for the win - that would just suck. Especially given what he just posted about "playing with your self" :D
He has had his moment of Glory, Alas it will be all down hill for him from my end.

GDog

FGM Lance Corporal
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
mausergdog@gmail.com
Hi @MeatEtr & @Rico

Had a busy week, but can dive into this tonight. I see the setup file in our folder, taking a sneak peak now.

Titan

FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
5-8 games.
Email
panzer@xtra.co.nz
map settings totally favour one side in this scenario...In my case my opponent has a ridge line right across map he can sit behind that in a hull down postion and duck his units back into cover and can move safely across map to postion after postion when ever he chooses and i'm stuck in the open with limited areas and cant really relocate anything without huge risks and other than one edge my whole postion is entirely exposed to his fields of fire restricting me to the odd small area where there is a dip or mound...even then i can get tagged from many angles

Last edited:

Rico

FGM Major General
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
ricoschacherl@gmail.com
map settings totally favour one side in this scenario...In my case my opponent has a ridge line right across map he can sit behind that in a hull down postion and duck his units back into cover and can move safely across map to postion after postion when ever he chooses and i'm stuck in the open with limited areas and cant really relocate anything without huge risks and other than one edge my whole postion is entirely exposed to his fields of fire restricting me to the odd small area where there is a dip or mound...even then i can get tagged from many angles
Ok, let me have another look at that map.

Titan

FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
5-8 games.
Email
panzer@xtra.co.nz
you got to look at this from one turn in...Which axis player gets to the ridge end of first turn after that all he has to do is pop the barrels over the rise, anything of mine that hasnt found cover at that point is a target and what cover i can get into the allied player is stiffled as he cant relocate with exposing himself, Axis player can just move behind ridge and hes safe and then pop up elsewhere. Eventually he will get angles on the allied armour one by one. The only option for allies in this is high risk rush forward. All the pressure IMO is on the allies

Rico

FGM Major General
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
ricoschacherl@gmail.com
you got to look at this from one turn in...Which axis player gets to the ridge end of first turn after that all he has to do is pop the barrels over the rise, anything of mine that hasnt found cover at that point is a target and what cover i can get into the allied player is stiffled as he cant relocate with exposing himself, Axis player can just move behind ridge and hes safe and then pop up elsewhere. Eventually he will get angles on the allied armour one by one. The only option for allies in this is high risk rush forward. All the pressure IMO is on the allies
Ok, will have a look ... probably won’t have time today, so hold on with continuing battle for the moment and I’ll get back to you asap.

MeatEtr

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
5-8 games.
Email
wings76@windstream.net
Ok, will have a look ... probably won’t have time today, so hold on with continuing battle for the moment and I’ll get back to you asap.
For the record Rico, I said the exact opposite at the start of the battle and here's why. His side has two insanely killer spots. Room for all 8 of his tanks, all hull down, right behind multiple trees and with an easy reverse exit. Oh and they sit right on the ever important map-sides. My berm/railroad has zero trees/cover.

So effectively, if he setup better, it could have been 8v8, all hull down, but his tanks sitting behind multiple trees. We all know and love/hate trees in CM for tank duels. You do the math, but all my money is on the tanks sitting behind trees.

But IMO he fudged the setup, which we all know is critical. So is that the maps fault? It's always difficult to change plans or reposition, thats normal. Also think he's overestimating my LOS. Honestly was shocked at Titans setup since he's a good player. I was pleasantly surprised to see not a single tank in either of these positions. But here's the kicker, the game so far is even. I can still lose this! :unsure:

Titan

FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
5-8 games.
Email
panzer@xtra.co.nz
Those areas i could setup are ok...But i am rather restricted....You have the higher elevation which means ballistically you have a huge advantage when hitting my armour with a greater chance of a kill shot..Example you killed that Churchill first pop out right...I hit that Churchill of your multiple times and it lived. Plus that ridge gives you the entire map to move behind safely and repostion your armour to get better angles. I cant do that. In addition if one of you tanks takes a hit the AI will reverse back down slope your tank is then nice and safe and can recover...In my case if a unit gets hit there is a good chance it will reverse into the line of sight of other vehicles. IMO each setup postion has advantages with mine being rather restricted to small areas hence why i bringing attention to the fact that the setup favour's one side over the other by a long shot and against a decent player those things matter. A semi final should be a tightly fought contest on a level playing field....This potentially hasa good chance of being a lopsided affair. Im not having a dig and you but rather trying to be objective about the map.
However if its going to save any grief i will simply just continue