FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
wings76@windstream.net
Really... those areas are just ok? Dude... after this battle, that I still might even lose. Lets mirror this and I'll show you just how good those positions are. ;)

The reason your tank got popped in one shot is because my Firefly hit it. Not because of higher elevation. The heavy churchhills can and will take a beating from the other 75mm guns. There is a huge difference in guns here. The area that sucks for your side (and you mostly avoided it) is the middle lower area. But on one hand you could of easily used this to push up under my hulldown tanks. Giving you an option to push up to the berm. I have only a single option to use the berm. Id roughly estimate your side having about 70% same elevation/reverse slope safety net. While the other 30% is the middle lower ground I mentioned.

I do have the luxury of safely repositioning my tanks anywhere. Thats true and is the best thing about my side. But have I needed to? No because my tanks are where they're needed to be and dont have to moved. In other words, a side that has 100% left-to-right berm/hulldown/reverse safety net isn't needed since only about half of it can be used at any one time.

Obviously Im of the opinion to continue the battle as is. Of course nothing personal against you @Titan It's always fun and interesting dissecting a map and the tactics/decsions that go into playing them.

I invite anybody else to download the scenario and take a look for themselves. (y)

Titan

FGM Company Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
5-8 games.
Email
panzer@xtra.co.nz
Ok its fine...The thing is we all have different play styles and we see things with a different set of eyes..What you see that i have are perhaps great locations as they suit your play style and i see things differently as my style is a bit different and i can make an area of the map work where as someone else cant and vs a vrsa, No right or wrongs here its just that we have a different approach

Badger73

FGM Captain
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
1-2 pw
Games
None.
Email
mvangroll@msn.com
Ok its fine...The thing is we all have different play styles and we see things with a different set of eyes.
<snipped>
No right or wrongs here its just that we have a different approach
That, my friends, is what makes this game so fascinating! Carry on, FGM field commanders. Good luck and good gaming. :shootero:

Rico

FGM Lieutenant General
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
ricoschacherl@gmail.com
Ok its fine...The thing is we all have different play styles and we see things with a different set of eyes..What you see that i have are perhaps great locations as they suit your play style and i see things differently as my style is a bit different and i can make an area of the map work where as someone else cant and vs a vrsa, No right or wrongs here its just that we have a different approach
Ok, we carry on ... thanks for sorting this out amongst yourselves, gentlemen.

Titan

FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
5-8 games.
Email
panzer@xtra.co.nz
We are currently half way through our game, with not a lot in it...I’ve got 3 tanks out of action to his two. The advantage of starting with a favourable ridge line is becoming even more obvious as the game progresses, Unfortunately I’m not enjoying this setup at all and are struggling with motivation to play, therefore will forfiet the game to Meat-eater

Last edited:

MeatEtr

FGM Captain
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
wings76@windstream.net
We are currently half way through our game, with not a lot in it...I’ve got 3 tanks out of action to his two. The advantage of starting with a favourable ridge line is becoming even more obvious as the game progresses, Unfortunately I’m not enjoying this setup at all and are struggling with motivation to play, therefore will forfiet the game to Meat-eater
Sucks to hear you wanna forfeit. Sure you dont just wanna fight it out to the end? I've seen some pretty amazing comebacks in these byte battles. From both perspectives.

My battle with @GDog has about 8 mins left. It's gonna come down to the last min, it's dead even.

Titan

FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
5-8 games.
Email
panzer@xtra.co.nz
Sucks to hear you wanna forfeit. Sure you dont just wanna fight it out to the end? I've seen some pretty amazing comebacks in these byte battles. From both perspectives.

My battle with @GDog has about 8 mins left. It's gonna come down to the last min, it's dead even.

Last edited:

MeatEtr

FGM Captain
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
wings76@windstream.net
My battle with @GDog has ended with his surrender with 2 mins left. Started off unlucky for me losing one of my ISUs to bog/immobilized in the wet ground (@Rico wtf? lol ). It was a helluva battle coming down to the very end. The big boy tanks just kept on exchanging blows with neither of us really gaining the upper hand until about the last 5 mins.

Here's our AAR:

MeatEtr

FGM Captain
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
wings76@windstream.net
Well I guess with this victory and Titans forfeit this makes me the winner! I'll have to get my victory parade suit ironed! Thanks again for running the tourney Rico, as always had a blast playing. Good games to all my opponents, some real nail biters! (y)

Also, @Rico noticed your thread about a new Q&D replacement? Already looking forward to whatever your cooking up.

A Canadian Cat

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
5-8 games.
Email
ian.leslie@lesliesoftware.com
Well I guess with this victory and Titans forfeit this makes me the winner!
No, not yet. First @Rico has to release final scenario and you have to set it up to play and then surrender to yourself.

Then you are the winner :D

MeatEtr

FGM Captain
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
wings76@windstream.net
No, not yet. First @Rico has to release final scenario and you have to set it up to play and then surrender to yourself.

Then you are the winner :D
Or better yet... there would be no surrender... I prefer to beat the sh!t out of myself! :eek: o_O