FGM Company Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
14+ games.
It was a slaughter.
Meat ... I lost from that side of the board too ... it will be interesting if anyone wins from that set up side ... I think it was harder for us to get to the objectives but we will see ... what did you think? I took the hill just to my left I had great LOS and was holding my own knocking out three of his guns (I knew I had gun hits) but with time running out I tried to go for objectives which he got to two of them easily in the first few moves and established great LOS on my approach routes to the objective. He just mowed me down as I desperately tried for an objective.

Rico

FGM Major General
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
ricoschacherl@gmail.com
Meat ... I lost from that side of the board too ... it will be interesting if anyone wins from that set up side ... I think it was harder for us to get to the objectives but we will see ... what did you think? I took the hill just to my left I had great LOS and was holding my own knocking out three of his guns (I knew I had gun hits) but with time running out I tried to go for objectives which he got to two of them easily in the first few moves and established great LOS on my approach routes to the objective. He just mowed me down as I desperately tried for an objective.
I really hope this round doesn't turn out this one-sided ... it's sometimes hard, unless one builds a completely symmetrical/mirrored map, to judge what big advantages even the smallest differences in terrain & elevation can make to a battle.

Rico

FGM Major General
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
ricoschacherl@gmail.com

Panzer Lehr

FGM Company Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
14+ games.
I really hope this round doesn't turn out this one-sided ... it's sometimes hard, unless one builds a completely symmetrical/mirrored map, to judge what big advantages even the smallest differences in terrain & elevation can make to a battle.
It was fun Rico and you do a fantastic job ... map was great with lot of challenges ... you have deal with what you got ... I just could not figure it out and poesel is a very skilled player ... I would be surprised if it is not a Allied (side) sweep but that is mostly due to the fact that our two tournament leaders are playing from that side ... Hey, I just a thought ... maybe these Q&D battles could be simultaneously mirrored play (not mirrored map) ... that way you can use challenging maps but objective/terrain issue being a potential advantage would negated ... just a thought ... or keep it has you have it ... tons of fun in any case.

Wellsonian

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
5-8 games.
It was fun Rico and you do a fantastic job ... map was great with lot of challenges ... you have deal with what you got ... I just could not figure it out and poesel is a very skilled player ... I would be surprised if it is not a Allied (side) sweep but that is mostly due to the fact that our two tournament leaders are playing from that side ... Hey, I just a thought ... maybe these Q&D battles could be simultaneously mirrored play (not mirrored map) ... that way you can use challenging maps but objective/terrain issue being a potential advantage would negated ... just a thought ... or keep it has you have it ... tons of fun in any case.

Most certainly not going to be an Allied (side) sweep.....although I did spot first and engage first, maybe due to the terrain? But most of my initial rounds bounced.

Rico

FGM Major General
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
ricoschacherl@gmail.com
Have used the mirrored battle concept before -- adds another layer of admin -- keeping things simple and quick with this one. :2charge:

Badger73

FGM SITE OVERSEER
ADMIN
Reaction score
Turn Rate
1-2 pw
Games
None.
Email
mvangroll@msn.com
@Wellsonian and I are well spent with @Badger73 eking out a Major victory. Santa was very good to me this Christmas! :2draw:
Badger73 - 250 points / 6 vehicles killed​
Wellsonian - 0 points / 4 vehicles killed​
It was quite a desperate fracas! A tip o' the hat to @Wellsonian once again. Thanks for another excellent match, hombre.

Rico

FGM Major General
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
ricoschacherl@gmail.com
@poesel71 owes @Badger73 a round of moonshine at the saloon for stopping @Wellsonian 's run to the finals ... poesel71 squeaks into the FINAL by one point ahead of Wellsonian to face @MeatEtr , who still has to complete his third match.

ROUND 3

Battle 1: @Badger73 (ax) vs @Wellsonian -- Badger wins by Major Victory

Battle 2: @Meat Grinder (ax) vs @MOS:96B2P -- MOS:96B2P wins by Total Victory

Battle 3: @mcmortison (ax) vs @MeatEtr

Battle 4: @Panzer Lehr (ax) @poesel71 -- poesel71 wins by Total Victory

The points tables with just the @mcmortison vs @MeatEtr battle still left to play.... the result is pretty much academic at this point ;)

MeatEtr

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
5-8 games.
Email
wings76@windstream.net
Official AAR pic coming soon.... spoiler... another Total Victory for me to complete my shutout sweep. Lost just one of my lumbering Elephants. Hunting down his last tank that has a broken gun. My tank crews might get him before my opponents surrender goes through. We’ll see....

Rico

FGM Major General
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
ricoschacherl@gmail.com
Ok, Round 3 all done and dusted with another Total Victory for @MeatEtr -- he gets a clean sweep for the opening rounds and a clear run into the FINAL vs @poesel71

ROUND 3

Battle 3: @mcmortison (ax) vs @MeatEtr -- MeatEtr wins by Total Victory

Here the final scores table standings:

Q&D 3 table 3d.jpg

I'll post the scenario for the FINAL battle tomorrow.

Last edited:

MeatEtr

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
5-8 games.
Email
wings76@windstream.net
Ok, Round 3 all done and dusted with another Total Victory for @MeatEtr -- he gets a clean sweep for the opening rounds and a clear run into the FINAL vs @poesel71

ROUND 3

Battle 3: @mcmortison (ax) vs @MeatEtr -- MeatEtr wins by Total Victory

Here the final scores table standings:

View attachment 14029

I'll post the scenario for the FINAL battle tomorrow.
Sounds good @Rico but notice my kill/loss stats are incorrect, I only lost 2 tanks. I do like the fact that making it to the finals could come down to kill/loss stats. So made me a little more cautious than usual in this tourney.