Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

The Quick & The Dead, Byte Battle League 2022 - 2023 — who wants to join in?

Anyone up for this?

QUICK AND THE DEAD 2022.jpg

A series of small, quick-fire 8-player mini-tourneys, cycling through the WW2 CM2 titles (CMFI, CMBN, CMRT, CMFB and all the modules) with a league scoring system to see who is top dog after say 8 or 10 tourneys.

Battles are small/tiny "Byte Battes" scenarios - all ME battles, max 10 to 15 turns, usually involving tiny forces like a reinforced platoon or a few vehicles each side, fighting on a small map over a hamlet, a road junction, a small bridge etc.
Forces can range from all infantry to all armour... or a mix... anything from MG Jeeps to King Tigers.

Tourneys are simple, 8 player single-elimination knock-out format.
8 (First Round) -> 4 (Semi-final) -> 2 (Final)

Sign ups: First come, first served -- first 8 players who sign up, get to play -- (winner of previous tourney gets free first call for a spot) -- looking for committed players with quick turn rates.

Players earn following points:
1 point for winning a first round game
2 points for winning a semi-final game
3 points for winning the final

So, 1st place player gets total of 6 pts
2nd place player: 3 points
Joint 3rd place players: 1 point

Any level of victory gets you through to next round.
If a DRAW, we count casualties: 10 points per vehicle casualty inflicted, 1 point per enemy personnel KIA/WIA/POW.

Opponents and Axis/Allied player assignments will be random.

We will keep a running league score over a set number of tourneys (I am thinking 8 or 10) -- player with best points average at end wins (with a minimum participation level required and player with more tourneys played will score higher)

Idea is to keep this light and fun and quick -- it will be impossible to make all the scenarios perfectly balanced, we'll do the best we can.

All welcome -- players don't have to play in every tourney, can sign up when they have time or interested in the CM module (space permitting of course)

Sign me up, ready to rock & roll! (y)

rIpDcAV.gif

Back