FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
ricoschacherl@gmail.com
BRAWL 3 will be announced soon -- this one will be played in CMFI/GL.

Two changes will come into effect:

1. From now on, as per @Bootie 's (newish) FGM club rules, Patreon supporters of FGM will get a 24 hour advance window to get first bite at signing up for the 7 player slots available (defending champ always has a guaranteed slot reserved for him). After that period, remaining slots become available for all players, first come, first served.

2. To give players longer participation in the competition, and to fit better into the "BRAWL" idea, I want to adjust the format of the tourney
We still have a small, tidy roster of 8 players.
Format of the type,size and length of battles remains the same

What does change, is that the first THREE rounds now are a random draw Round Robin format.
Each player fights 3 battles against a randomly drawn opponent (you might fight the same guy twice -- like a barroom brawl) -- the highest-scoring two players go through to a FINAL to determine the winner.

SCORING:
Total Victory: 8 points
Major Victory: 7
Tactical Victory: 6
Minor Victory: 5
Draw (win on casualty points): 4
Draw (lose on casualty points): 3
Minor defeat: 2
Tactical Defeat: 1
Major & Total Defeat: 0

Might refine this over next day or so ...

mcmortison

FGM Company Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
2-4 games.
Q: When I recive the 24h in advance notice, do I have to send you a PM, answer on Patreon or simply answer here?

poesel71

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
markus@johalla.de
Each player fights 3 battles against a randomly drawn opponent (you might fight the same guy twice -- like a barroom brawl) -- the highest-scoring two players go through to a FINAL to determine the winner.
I suggest to reconsider the "fight the same guy twice" rule. IMHO it would be fairer if there are no repeats. If there is a very uneven pairing then the better player has quite an advantage over other players.
Apart from that good format. Long participation for everyone.

Rico

FGM Major General
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
ricoschacherl@gmail.com
I suggest to reconsider the "fight the same guy twice" rule. IMHO it would be fairer if there are no repeats. If there is a very uneven pairing then the better player has quite an advantage over other players.
Apart from that good format. Long participation for everyone.
Nah -- it's random and chaotic -- to quote the Orange One: "You know what you signed up for." :D