FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
ricoschacherl@gmail.com
After a 7 week hiatus, the Quick & The Dead competition is ready to resume with a fresh, new format -- we'll be returning to cut-throat knock-out play (no extra time or penalty shoot outs here).

The battles will remain the same -- small, quick, all-vehicle, Blue vs Blue Meeting Engagement knife-fights.
For extra flavour, I am thinking of also tossing in some infantry and all-arms battles -- again, small, nasty and up close and personal.

(I was going to make it tiny, all-armour Axis vs Allies quick battles -- but the shortest turn rate you can set for the QB's is 30 turns, which is a little too long for my purposes)

We start the new season of Quick & Dead with CMBN/CW/MG.

We still start with a pool of 8 players -- but each player will start with playing two battles, one on each side of the roster against a different, randomly drawn opponent, and also playing the "other, mirror side" of the map.
If you win, you keep playing until you meet your opponent in the middle for the FINAL.
If you win on both 3 games in a row on both rosters, you are declared champion without playing a final as you can't play against yourself (even if you are, like me, your own worst enemy) :cool:

quick & dead 8 player double.jpg

The battles are small & quick, so it shouldn't be too difficult for players to play two battles at the same time?

If all goes well, I can start recruiting this weekend -- I will give the players who signed up for the abortive Quick & Dead 5 (and defending champ @MeatEtr ) first bite at this.

@poesel71
@Mad Mike
@A Canadian Cat
@Jolly Olly
@Hedgehog
@Nathangun
@Nort

I also need to clear this with FGM command -- @Bootie and @Badger73

Badger73

FGM SITE OVERSEER
ADMIN
Reaction score
Turn Rate
1-2 pw
Games
None.
Email
mvangroll@msn.com
It's cleared with me @Rico but @Bootie does the Award Ribbons! Where do I sign up? :shootero:

(Hmmm on second thought, as a Staff Member it's wrong for me to bump someone else from this splendorous tournament, so withdraw me from sign up.
In the extraordinarily improbable event that you wind up short a player, I would be honored to fill such a vacant spot though!)

Good luck, fellas! Yer gonna need it!

Last edited:

Badger73

FGM SITE OVERSEER
ADMIN
Reaction score
Turn Rate
1-2 pw
Games
None.
Email
mvangroll@msn.com
<snipped>
Awww, c'mon @Badger73 . Don't get cold feet. :)
Hah, @Meat Grinder! You hope to appear magnanamous but I think you're just looking for an simple target easy win before a more challenging opponent signs up. :shootero:
It is what it is and will be what will be. I am listed in grease pencil as the last name on this roster. Good hunting, my friends! :2charge:

Jolly Olly

FGM Company Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
I'm in if you are still holding a spot for me!!!

Just FYI...I'll be out on vacation after today until about the 16th. If that is a problem then no worries. I can do the next one.

Badger73

FGM SITE OVERSEER
ADMIN
Reaction score
Turn Rate
1-2 pw
Games
None.
Email
mvangroll@msn.com
@Rico - That's 13 signups thus far. Would you consider two (2) seperate brackets of 7 players each with each bracket winner playing the other? I would help with admin as needed. If so, count me in as your 14th player. That still allows you a 15th and 16th sign up for two brackets of 8 players each should you get additional sign ups. Thanks for running these.

Rico

FGM Major General
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Email
ricoschacherl@gmail.com
@Rico - You da trail boss! You da man!! Mount up cowboys. This be a posse of hard riders. We head out soon. :2charge:

We are a bit mathematically challenged here :p:LOL: ... we only have 13 players, with only 10 confirmed (I can play too ... that'll be 14) -- one maybe with Jolly Olly a late starter.

1. @MeatEtr
2. @Meat Grinder
3. @Badger73
4. @A Canadian Cat
5. @Wellsonian
6. @Mad Mike
7. @Buckykatt
8. @sspoom
9. @poesel71
10. @Hedgehog (unconfirmed)
11. @Nort (unconfirmed)
12. @Nathangun (unconfirmed)
13. @Jolly Olly - (possible late starter)
16. Rico (optional 16th player)

Did I miss anybody?

Last edited: