FGM 2ND IN COMMAND
ADMIN
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
Usually plays single player.
A quick checklist for the Syrians.

• I need your emails to provide access to your Campaign Dropbox. Please post below. (Nathangun already has access)
  • Once Rico has completed the campaign map I'll need your intitial troop deployments. Your regular Syrian Army taskforces will need to be deployed while you can choose whether to deploy or hold in reservice your non-conventional forces. NATO's first turn will be moving onto the map. You will still be able to move in the first campaign turn.
  • You need to chose three specific buildings on any of the CMSF2 maps. These will be your three special buildings that build you technicals, radicals and IED's as the campaign progresses. These can be concentrated on one CMSF2 map or scattered over three. Your choice. Please provide a map number and a screen shot pointing out which building you chose for each. Please read the special rules in this sub forum for more information. (And don't place them on a map next to the NATO deployment route :p).
  • Explore and read these campaign forums and ask rules questions.

Syrian taskforces will be added to your dropbox within 24 hours of this post. :)

JTimo

FGM Company Sergeant Major
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
1 game.
If I missed something I should have read in detail let me know.

How many Redfor commanders do we have?
Are we assigned a region we are responsible for?
What forces are we commanding?
How do we get uncons?

Ithikial

FGM 2ND IN COMMAND
ADMIN
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
If I missed something I should have read in detail let me know.

How many Redfor commanders do we have?
Five. One overall commander and four underlings.

Are we assigned a region we are responsible for?
Read the mission brief and Syrian special rules. This isn't a standard take this hill type of campaign. Your mission is simple, kill the NATO invaders. NATO have their own mission which you'll have to try and figure out as the campaign progresses. I'm being pretty strict about no one owning and region or a particular taskforce as I've seen that kill campaigns as two players fight all the battles and the others sit back on the bench and lose interest. Battles should be rotated through the five players taking part.

What forces are we commanding?
Give me a 24 hours for the updated map and you'll see. Also need to do some final tweaking to the unit files inside CMSF2. You'll have about a dozen taskforces.

How do we get uncons?
They are part of your roster already. See your special rules though since you'll probably depend on them heavily towards the end of the campaign.

rocketman

FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
Just to make sure, supply does not factor into the equation - only manpower and vehicles? Resupplied between every engagement?
What about intel about the opposite side. Known after engagement? Known in adjacent node?

Ithikial

FGM 2ND IN COMMAND
ADMIN
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
Just to make sure, supply does not factor into the equation - only manpower and vehicles? Resupplied between every engagement?
What about intel about the opposite side. Known after engagement? Known in adjacent node?
If you can draw a line back to you deployment/entry point you are fine in terms of supply. Headcounts will drop each time you drop 10% of your manpower. Taskforce is pulled off the line once you drop below 50% of your starting headcount. Two reasons, 1) no speed bump battles of a platoon size, 2) It's what the editor allows you to adjust really easy with one click. ;)

Vehicles you'll notice that in every formation there isn't 20 different types/variants of vehicle. Really easy for me to track.

Intel on deployment will be rare but may pop up here and there in this campaign. It will be up to the players to keep track of what each enemy taskforce is composed of. You don't have to but it may help you plan your defense.

rocketman

FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
2-4 games.
How will deployment work in engagements? The whole unit right at the start? That could be problematic for the smaller maps and one of the Syrian forces that has almost 400 men.

JTimo

FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
3-5 pw
Games
1 game.
Will have a look at the maps and troops, then let you know the initial deployment (of troops and special buildings) later today.
Hey Mike,
Your going to be our CG for this campaign. Glad to have you aboard. Learned a lot from our game, hope I can apply it with some good results. Should be fun. :sofa:

Mad Mike

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
5-8 games.
Email
cm2.pbem@gmail.com
@Ithikial

I made the initial deployments in the movement sheet in our dropbox.

I've also put screenshots of the three special locations into the box, which shall be placed as follows:

• Bomb Makers - Map 09
  • Education Centre - Map 12
  • Vehicle Garage - Map 13
I believe that is all for now to get started?

Ithikial

FGM 2ND IN COMMAND
ADMIN
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
@Ithikial

I made the initial deployments in the movement sheet in our dropbox.

I've also put screenshots of the three special locations into the box, which shall be placed as follows:

• Bomb Makers - Map 09
  • Education Centre - Map 12
  • Vehicle Garage - Map 13
I believe that is all for now to get started?
Cheers Mad Mike. Will take care of this tonight and we'll progress to turn one. Opening a file called "Bomb Makers" on my work computer probably not a good idea. :)

Keep in mind you can still move forces turn 1 if you wish so feel free to start talking tactics when I upload up the updated maps.

Ithikial

FGM 2ND IN COMMAND
ADMIN
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
How will deployment work in engagements? The whole unit right at the start? That could be problematic for the smaller maps and one of the Syrian forces that has almost 400 men.
Yes that's part of the reason you need to review the files in the scenario editor and plan out where you think they are best to be used. You regular Syrian Army units can soak up a lot of punishment. The smaller unconventional forces not so much but as it's outlined in the briefing and special, these guys have some options as the campaign progresses.

Ithikial

FGM 2ND IN COMMAND
ADMIN
Reaction score
Turn Rate
6+ pw
Games
@Mad Mike and his team. NATO are thouroughly working through plans and options for first moves. Just thought I'd poke you as a reminder. I haven't put a hard date on when I require first turns as I figured you have a lot of material to go through but not seeing any tactics posts at all.