Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

This is so British

Maybe I should add that I mean it is British in a very charming way. The people portrayed might drink more than is recommended by the authorities, but many of them also seem quite quirky in their own way. British pub culture is something that is often attempted copied in other countries, but if you walk into a "British" or "Irish" pub in my country, you won't find this kind of people.

Last edited:
What's a "poob"? ;)

@Bulletpoint any Viking mead halls left in Denmark Danmark? :giggle: Meet you in the Longhouse.

View attachment 18937

This one is getting close to completion. I would be honoured to hoist a horn of mead in this hall.

billeder_fra_byggeriet_af_den_genskabte_hal_i_sagnlandet_lejre_den_originale_hal_er_fra_den_tidligste_vikingetid_og_er_den_stoerste_bygning_fra_hele_oldtiden_fundet_i_danmark_krediteres_sagnlandet_lejre_8_0.jpg

Kongehallen_2_juli__13.jpg

skoletjenesten%20undervisningstilbud%20Vikingeborgen%20Trelleborg_0.jpg

Here's an older one. As a reenactor, I have been drinking in this hall two times. It's right next to the remains of the Trelleborg Viking fortress.

23211579-bm.jpg

This is what it looks like when we are drinking in there. Great fun.

Superb! Looks amazing!

Tell me more about your reenacting. Costumes? Acting? Singing? Fighting??

We don't really do acting though. And we're not playing roles. It's a kind of subculture where people like to spend some weeks during summer living as close as possible to life in iron age Scandinavia. Lots of singing, boasting, and mead drinking around the fire. And we do fighting too, but of course with blunt weapons and some rules in place so everyone can live to tell the tale. The fights can get pretty intense though. And as we are using steel weapons, accidents can happen - ranging from lots and lots of bruises to more serious things. But severe accidents are rare.

We don't really do acting though. And we're not playing roles. It's a kind of subculture where people like to spend some weeks during summer living as close as possible to life in iron age Scandinavia. Lots of singing, boasting, and mead drinking around the fire. And we do fighting too, but of course with blunt weapons and some rules in place so everyone can live to tell the tale. The fights can get pretty intense though. And as we are using steel weapons, accidents can happen - ranging from lots and lots of bruises to more serious things. But severe accidents are rare.

When I was in college, I spent some time in the SCA. We wore armor and beat each other with rattan sticks. I didn't care for all the "m'lord and m'lady" BS, but I loved the fighting (and feasting/drinking).

When I was in college, I spent some time in the SCA. We wore armor and beat each other with rattan sticks. I didn't care for all the "m'lord and m'lady" BS, but I loved the fighting (and feasting/drinking).
Methinks you might have taken too many blows on the helm m'lord...

Back