Time to rate my 5 scenarios - feedback

Lethaface

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
@SlySniper Agreed with @sspoom that this tournament format is my favorite. Double blind with relative scoring, I think the number of regular contenders in these tournaments show that we're not alone in this ;-).

Also while mission 3 and 4 are not my favorite 'type', I had a lot of fun with mission 3 and it actually provided one of the better back and forth firefights I remember in CM.

FWIW I also think the briefings are fine. I mixed up the situation of mission 3 but that was more due to wrong assumptions on my side. I actually like the vague stuff / surprises, it forces people to think for themselves. Personally couldn't care less about spelling; I think most of us aren't in school/uni anymore :D
The important part about communication is, imo, understanding; I can perfectly understand what is written.

Giving and receiving constructive feedback is of course also a skill which comes by experience and, like spelling, not everyone is equally skilled in :D.

Overall I think this CMCW tournament is as good as it gets; not everyone will agree about favorite scenario's, but given the varied scoring it seems everyone was happy with a majority of the battles.

SlySniper

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
I know for some, what I do is great stuff, for others, not so much. I dont expect to make everyone happy.

And I dont mind looking at ways that I can improve on what I am doing.

But Also just wanted to voice my views so that it is clear as to the intent of my actions.

It never hurts to let others know how one see's things , or for them to understand why you do what you do.

like I manage to only have to take 2 english courses through my collage years, so somehow I managed to pass enough test to fool someone that I knew enough about using it. That I did not have to suffer through more classes about it.

OnePingOnly

FGM Colour Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
@SlySniper -
Apologies if my feedback seemed too harsh. In retrospect, you actually only asked for ranking and scoring. But it is only feedback, and all of it is just nits.
I really enjoyed the tournament (except for #4 :)), and would certainly sign up again. It’s a lot of work to come up with non-repetitive and reasonably balanced scenarios on a consistent basis, and I appreciate it.

SlySniper

FGM 2nd Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Again, I will point out that I do not mind the added comments as to the scenarios and the design.
I never expect to have my work to be looked at as being perfect.
At least I am willing to put myself out there and I actually do feel I have somewhat of a knack for making them.

So I will continue on doing what I do and continue to try to make better scenarios.

Thanks for all your imput.

Shady Side

FGM Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
Again, I will point out that I do not mind the added comments as to the scenarios and the design.
I never expect to have my work to be looked at as being perfect.
At least I am willing to put myself out there and I actually do feel I have somewhat of a knack for making them.

So I will continue on doing what I do and continue to try to make better scenarios.

Thanks for all your imput.
well as long as u stay within the titles i have i will sign up for the next one

Artkin

FGM Colour Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
cmsf2 just had some ridiculous master maps made for it:
And FI had quite a few new huge maps released

Top Bottom