Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Timmes' Orchard - 3 Variants

Kandu

FGM Colour Sergeant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
A friend of mine and I are playing all three variants of Kandu's 'Timmes Orchard' simultaneously to see which produces the most balanced game. The reason for playing them at the same time is to prevent lessons learned from errors in one game being transferred to the next. The variants include: (1) the Germans attacking earlier, before Captain Schwartzwalder arrives to reinforce Lt. Col. Timmes. Capt. S will arrive eventually but quite late in the scenario. So far this seems to be an overrun for the Germans early in the engagement. (2) More German artillery; The additional battery of 105 mm Gebirgshaubitz to the original scenario does not appear to be making much difference. My opponent thought he could use them with pin-point accuracy like mortars and wasted their fire at the perimeter of the orchard where it scattered widely. (3) An additional platoon of German troops seems to be the nearest thing to balancing the scenario.

In each case my opponent appears to be throwing the bulk of his effort against the buildings at the south-west corner of the orchard. Not a bad idea since eventhough the approach is open ground there appears to be quite a bit of dead ground and tall crops in which he can hide.

Screenies below from left to right:
1. An overview of the action viewed from the east
2. A German team approaching from the west seen from the buildings at the SE corner
3. The same buildings as seen by the approaching German team
4. The same buildings with my troopers inside and some dead Germans in the yard
5. German teams at the edge of the orchard along the road that passes along its north edge
6. What the Germans in #5 above see looking into the orchard.
7. The Grey Castle's east side.

Attachments

• GePlus1.jpg
    GePlus1.jpg
    239.6 KB · Views: 8
  • GeApproachE1.jpg
    GeApproachE1.jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 8
  • GeApproachE2.jpg
    GeApproachE2.jpg
    292.6 KB · Views: 8
  • GeApproach.jpg