Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Tournament Rules

SlySniper

FGM Lieutenant
FGM MEMBER
Reaction score
1. A dropbox folder is to be maintained with an invite to the Tournament master (Slysniper), this will provide me access to the game files if for any reason we need to replace a player or verify slow play issues.

Please name the dropbox files in a method that I can tell who is playing who

Example: ( Match 1 Jtimo vs grunt )

2. Game files can stay in the dropbox folder and not be deleted until I have copied them and I will remove them.

Or you can have the normal auto remove on but at some point I might pull them from achieve, copy them and then remove them once more.

3. No surrender at any time is allowed, if you want to end a game early, then use cease fire with both players agreeing to those terms, if one player wants to play on instead, allow him to do so until he is satisfied. It is in your own best interest to put up the best fight you can no matter what, throughout the whole battle (No one wants to be that guy that has the best score posted against him)

Also, some battles can be very one sided, so it’s not the point about if you are losing or not. It’s about the point as to not lose as bad as the other players playing the same side in the tournament.

4. If for any reason a player needs to drop out of game play, just contact me and let me know of your intentions and I will make sure any non-completed game will be finished for your opponent.

5. If pre-planned arty or air is available, you are allowed to use it. I will likely make sure the opponent will know that option is out there to possible be used against him in that battle.

In my tournament, if it’s available. You can release hell on turn one or however you want to use it.

Since there is at times no way for you to know where the enemy set up areas are since these are truly blind battles, it’s a risk reward decision in battles where I feel unit placement is not a given and you are taking a risk to use it in such a method.

You might guess right and hit the enemy or miss. Then there is the targets that are logical, so both sides should expect such tactics at possible locations.

6. If there is a problem with slow play by any participant, I will invite them to be dismissed from the tournament and will complete any unfinished game as necessary. (Slow play will be determined to be less than 5 Turns an week) exceptions allowed for vacations and trips and such as long as your opponent and myself are informed in advanced.

Do not bother to join if your only method is to try and play all your turns in one or two days of the week, that likely will not work with many of your opponents.

7. All battle have set time finishes, no variable endings are done in this Tournament format All games will be compared to each other playing the same amount of time. If by chance a setting is missed. Both players will cease fire at the expected end time of the scenario and then inform me of the issue.

8. Any additional questions, just post them here and they will be addressed.

9. And remember to have Fun, which is what it should be about

Scoring Format

The format is you will be given a selected force. Your mission will be to do the best you can with the situation you have been given and the scoring will be given out to the top 50 percent from each side of the battle.

So in other words, your side could be very challenging, but perform better than 50 percent of the players playing that side of the battle and you have won and will be given a point value as to how you have done.

Winners will get a score of somewhere between 80 to 100 points per match depending on how they have performed to each other. So best player will receive 100 points, lowest winner will receive 80 points, and everyone else is somewhere in between.

Scoring in scenarios will be your score minus your opponents score (as to how you will be selected for the top 50%).

Each round you will be in charge of a different Nations forces, so skill with all forces will be a factor. As well as both offensive and defensive skills

Battles are designed generally to be short and intense ( I have been keeping all battles at 30 minutes or less so far generally.)

Oh, that is not a question easy to answer. And the answer is not always the same.
But here is the basis with a new twist in this one.

I create 6 pools of players and then round one, two and three, players from pools compete against players from other pools.
so "pool A" players will play against "pool B" in round 1, then against pool D in round two and Pool F round three.

In each pool as the battles progress, top players in results will generally play against each other and match ups progressing down with results. ( many variables can throw kinks in this match up process.)

But in general as the battles progress you will be paired against someone that is doing approx as well as you are. ( No promises)

Normally by round 5, I have the two top players playing against each other and everyone else is playing for fun and to get the best rank and position they can in the Tournament.

Along with getting the match ups somewhat balenced as to skill level of the players as the rounds progress. There is also a factor to get each player a few offensive battles and a few defensive battle and also playing different forces. No challenge in getting that to work out also. (I like to make things hard).

Then the new twist I decided to do in this Tournament. Note all existing players with rankings are playing all new players to the tournament.

So no matter what happens, half from each side will get victories and points for the round. Existing players will all be facing the same situation, along with most new players also facing the same situation. I also decided to give the existing players the harder side of the first few battles.

So that gives you a slight clue as to how it is done.

So, Yes I am God and is there randomness in the selections, yes. The pools are created by random, if there is multible possible matchups, that is also a random draw.

And lets not talk about the issue of uneven pools, players dropping out or having to end or any of the other issues that can cause all sorts of changes in the match ups.

The most random part of the selection is round one. After that, each round gets more envolved as to me making decisions as to match ups to try and get everyone competative matchups equal to their skill level. By round 4 and 5, you are likely playing someone pretty equal as to skill level.

Its all random draw "not even close I am afraid"

Back