Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Turn 2 - Enemy revealed

Wellsonian's forces appear as expected. No unpleasant surprises. 15 Infantry units; 8 heavy infantry comprised of 3 elite veteran legionary cohorts, 5 superior legionary cohorts. 7 medium infantry units; 2 Spanish Scutatoi (average impact foot), 2 Thracians with Rhompala (average heavy weapon), 2 Thureophoroi (average spears), and 1 Irregular infantry (average light spears). His cavalry comprise 2 cataphract superior very heavy horse and 2 superior armored noble cavalry along with 3 light horse archers and 1 elephant. 8 light infantry skirmishers consisting of 4 archers, 3 slingers, and 1 javilenmen. 31 total units face 35 of mine.

1626124603433.png

My initial moves are to re-orient my line to face his threat from the right. It will take him time to advance. In the meantime, I will test his skirmish lines and try to clear them out of my way.
1626124790063.png

So, here's my unpleasant surprise. Every match has them. I can't move my heavy artillery forward!!! :eek:

Other players have told me that heavy artillery can advance one square per turn or stand and fire. I don't know what I'm doing wrong and welcome any suggestion to remedy.

In the meantime, I'll hope Wellsonian doesn't notice . . . :rolleyes:

So, here's my unpleasant surprise. Every match has them. I can't move my heavy artillery forward!!! :eek:

Other players have told me that heavy artillery can advance one square per turn or stand and fire. I don't know what I'm doing wrong and welcome any suggestion to remedy.

In the meantime, I'll hope Wellsonian doesn't notice . . . :rolleyes:

So, here it is in black and white. Sometimes it really does pay to read the manual . . . (undelerlined italics mine).

12.1. Move
Apart from heavy artillery, which cannot move, all units can potentially move to any square within reach of their AP (action points).​

So, here it is in black and white. Sometimes it really does pay to read the manual . . . (undelerlined italics mine).

12.1. Move
Apart from heavy artillery, which cannot move, all units can potentially move to any square within reach of their AP (action points).​
What I know so far is that it seems the Byzantine heavy arty in FOG Medieval can move one hex.

Okay, so I decided to check. In FOG2 Medieval, Heavy Artillery may move until it "unlimbers" by shooting. In FOG2, Heavy Artillery cannot move at all. Who'da thunk it? o_O

From page 95 of the FOG2 Medieval manual:

11.1. Move
Apart from heavy artillery, all units can potentially move to any square within reach of their AP (action points). Heavy artillery (including Trebuchets and Bombards) can only move until the first time they shoot. This represents them being set up in a static position within range of the enemy.