Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

Turn 5

Turn 5
  1. Wellsonian continues advancing his infantry on my right.
  2. He sends his cavalry from the center towards his advancing infantry on my right.
  3. He concentrates the light horse archers on my left against my own disrupted light cavalry unit to no effect.
  4. On my right, he withdraws his disrupted skirmisher (A) and continues skirmishing my lights, disrupting a unit of Jewish slingers (B).
  5. His medium infantry in the center remain in place.
He ’s advancing his battleline through the hilltop rough terrain for eventual positioning against my right. That’s going to take a while.

1626196497574.png

I react by:
  1. Engaging the light cavalry horse archers on my left and Fragment 1 Roman light horse archer unit.
  2. Flinging stones at his center skirmishers and positioning the Thurephorai on my left further forward to threaten those 3 Roman skirmishers.
  3. Continuing to advance the cavalry units supporting my left.
  4. Withdrawing the Disrupted skirmishers on my right to safer locations.
  5. Concentrate skirmisher fires on my right to afflict a unit of Veteran Legionairies. This includes Heavy Artillery fire from the stationary Onager.
  6. Inflict more casualties on the Roman Cretan Archer skirmishers with my light archers and against his slingers with my light horse archers.
  7. Repositioning the cavalry units on my right further to my right to anticipate threatening the far flank of the slow Roman advance there.
1626196609035.png

I am winning the skirmish against the Roman light horse archers on my left. I am positioning units to win the pending skirmisher fight in the center. Then I need to see what Wellsonian will do with the medium infantry units in his center. There’s still an elephant hidden behind the hill there. The Roman cavalry reserve at the rear of his center is once again moving towards my right. I don’t know if this is to bait me into attacking his center or not. I need to wait and see how he maneuvers. I will continue probing with my left and holding on my right. My first volley of Heavy Artillery fire only inflicted 2, count ‘em 2 casualties on those Veteran Legionaires; what a big whoop de do! Here is their current arc of fire. They have four rounds remaining now.

1626196691248.png

HOA_KSOP

FGM Major
FGM MEMBER
Turn 5
  1. Wellsonian continues advancing his infantry on my right.
  2. He sends his cavalry from the center towards his advancing infantry on my right.
  3. He concentrates the light horse archers on my left against my own disrupted light cavalry unit to no effect.
  4. On my right, he withdraws his disrupted skirmisher (A) and continues skirmishing my lights, disrupting a unit of Jewish slingers (B).
  5. His medium infantry in the center remain in place.
He ’s advancing his battleline through the hilltop rough terrain for eventual positioning against my right. That’s going to take a while.

View attachment 24956

I react by:
  1. Engaging the light cavalry horse archers on my left and Fragment 1 Roman light horse archer unit.
  2. Flinging stones at his center skirmishers and positioning the Thurephorai on my left further forward to threaten those 3 Roman skirmishers.
  3. Continuing to advance the cavalry units supporting my left.
  4. Withdrawing the Disrupted skirmishers on my right to safer locations.
  5. Concentrate skirmisher fires on my right to afflict a unit of Veteran Legionairies. This includes Heavy Artillery fire from the stationary Onager.
  6. Inflict more casualties on the Roman Cretan Archer skirmishers with my light archers and against his slingers with my light horse archers.
  7. Repositioning the cavalry units on my right further to my right to anticipate threatening the far flank of the slow Roman advance there.
View attachment 24957

I am winning the skirmish against the Roman light horse archers on my left. I am positioning units to win the pending skirmisher fight in the center. Then I need to see what Wellsonian will do with the medium infantry units in his center. There’s still an elephant hidden behind the hill there. The Roman cavalry reserve at the rear of his center is once again moving towards my right. I don’t know if this is to bait me into attacking his center or not. I need to wait and see how he maneuvers. I will continue probing with my left and holding on my right. My first volley of Heavy Artillery fire only inflicted 2, count ‘em 2 casualties on those Veteran Legionaires; what a big whoop de do! Here is their current arc of fire. They have four rounds remaining now.

View attachment 24958
Use bigger boulders...