Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

[TV] Fortitude

A little disappointed I caught on to this show so late. Usually I'm on top of good TV programs. Still, I have now and am in for the full ride.
I don't usually watch "horror" shows anymore as I have a serious case of "been there, done that" and I find them all predictable and routinely boring.
This is a slow starter as there is quite a large cast of characters and a lot of time is spent early on getting to know them and peeking around their secrets. While that is progressing it becomes apparent that something bad may be going on. Real bad. I'm only on episode 4 so I don't know much, but I know bad when I smell it.
And then there is the scenery. Drones now allow for cinematography that we could only imagine not so many years ago. And they are put to extremely good use here as Iceland is just awesome to see from above. The director has a good eye and many scenes just show areas of snowfall and complete quiet expanding on how bloody bleak the locale really is.
There 713 residents of Fortitude and four police offers. So far Fortitude is down 2. Brrr.
-----
-----
"On the Norwegian Arctic island of Fortitude, things appear calm on the surface, but a string of violent and increasingly strange deaths slowly exact a toll on the quiet international community where almost everyone appears to be keeping at least one secret.
Fortitude is a British horror psychological thriller television series created and written by Simon Donald. A 12-episode series was commissioned by Sky Atlantic in 2013, and started airing on 29 January 2015. The series is set in the fictional Arctic Norwegian settlement of Fortitude. On 9 April 2015, Sky Atlantic recommissioned the show for a second series consisting of 10 episodes, which premiered on 26 January 2017. The third and final series premiered on 6 December 2018 and concluded on 27 December, consisting of 4 episodes." - Wiki

Oh, my. Things are going from bad to worse. This is getting so creepy I find that, on occasion, I am only able to watch about 30 minutes at a time before I need to switch to something else, uh, lighter?
Now Fortitude is down five, soon to be six, and no reason think it is going to end any time soon. However, I am on the last episode of season One. I accidentally started watching this from the start of Season 2, and I sorta remember it's not too gruesome at the start of that so maybe I get a short breather?
It cracks me up. I am usually immune to this kind of drama, but...not this time.
Brrr.

Back