Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

[TV] Halo - Paramount+

Just watched the first episode and I was surprised at how much I really liked it.
The CGI is really pretty spectacular.
I don't know how accurate it presents the HALO universe, but I never played the games so it is of no difference to me.
Kind of has the "Mandalorian" vibe about it, including Master Chief, 117, who also has a reluctance to take off his helmet. LOL.
So just an FYI. If you like a little sci-fi escapism this does the job pretty well. Just don't go in expecting a whole lot more then that.
----
"Halo is an American military science fiction television series developed by Kyle Killen and Steven Kane for the streaming service Paramount+, based on the video game franchise of the same name. It is produced by Amblin Television, 343 Industries, Showtime Networks, One Big Picture, and Chapter Eleven, and follows a 26th-century war between the United Nations Space Command and the Covenant, a theocratic-military alliance of several advanced alien races. Pablo Schreiber and Jen Taylor star as Master Chief Petty Officer John-117 and Cortana, with the latter reprising her role from the video game series, and are joined by Natascha McElhone, Yerin Ha, Bokeem Woodbine, Shabana Azmi, Olive Gray, Charlie Murphy, Kate Kennedy, Bentley Kalu, Natasha Culzac, and Danny Sapani. Development for a Halo television series began in 2013. Killen was hired in June 2018, and the series officially announced a 9-episode order for Paramount+. Filming began in Ontario, Canada in October 2019, although post-production for the first five episodes was affected due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Filming eventually resumed in Budapest, Hungary in February 2021. Halo premiered on March 24, 2022, on Paramount+, with the series already renewed for a second season. A portion of the series was shown at SXSW on March 14, 2022." -WIKI
----

Huh, how about that? By accident I just discovered that this series is also available on Amazon.
Also found out that Steven Spielberg was involved in this all the way back in 2013. However, Paramount took over eventual
development. As it is he remains an executive producer.
Just started episode 4 (only 4 available so far) and I'm beginning to think that I may have underestimated this a bit. It looks like
it could turn into more than just some fps sci-fi game brought to life. It's growing on me and the graphics remain very impressive.
I do have a question. There are times when I am sure the whole thing is CGI and then other times when I am just as sure it is live action.
Anyone know?

Huh, how about that? By accident I just discovered that this series is also available on Amazon.
Also found out that Steven Spielberg was involved in this all the way back in 2013. However, Paramount took over eventual
development. As it is he remains an executive producer.
Just started episode 4 (only 4 available so far) and I'm beginning to think that I may have underestimated this a bit. It looks like
it could turn into more than just some fps sci-fi game brought to life. It's growing on me and the graphics remain very impressive.
I do have a question. There are times when I am sure the whole thing is CGI and then other times when I am just as sure it is live action.
Anyone know?
But not Amazon Prime, right?

Finished the first 2 episodes, there are only four listed so far. Research shows single episodes will be released weekly
for a total of eight.
The only problem (for me) is the time between seasons. Had the same problem with The Expanse. Lots of characters
and story plots to try to keep track of and HALO has a bit of the same problem. Spent some time doing some research
on, well, everything and feel like I'm as caught up as I will ever be.
I do have a bit of a problem with the actor portraying John. I cannot recall any actor, ever, who is soo wooden in his
approach. Occasionally he makes a mistake and his eyes will move, but that's about it.
That said it is still lots of fun to watch.
---
"While Paramount has yet to give the green light (at least in a public fashion) to a third season of the Halo series, it
certainly feels like Showrunner David Wiener is working under the assumption there will be more coming beyond its
sophomore effort." - Google

Back