Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

[TV SERIES] 13 Reasons Why?

Bootie

FGM OWNER
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Ok so it involves American teenagers and is set in a high school. My initial reaction was ok.. its like a screwed up Grease or High School Musical but I started watching this with my wife after everyone was raving about it... and rightly so. This is a great little show... its sad... no doubt about it. It centres on a young girl called Hannah who kills herself and leaves cassette tapes explaining why she did it. Melodramatic for sure but it does present you with moral questions and teaches you a little about how you interact with those around you and the effects they have. I love shows that ask questions and make you think about things after you've watched them. I am 2 episodes from the end and am really enjoying the journey. Has anyone else watched this?

I have mixed feelings about watching this.
Did you or your wife think that the drama glamorized her choice to suicide?

I dont believe so... I think it highlighted the pain that it leaves behind, that its not really an answer and that everyone should be a little more caring. The actual scene was not glamorized at all however I think there will be copycats out there who will do something like this...

Having lost 2 friends to suicide maybe the show resonated a little bit more with me.

Back