Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

[TV Series] True Detective 3

The first is still one of my favourite series from TV.

The second is watchable but they should have given it a different name. In isolation its not bad but not in the same league as the first.

I like what I've seen so far. An award should go to the make-up people. Truly remarkable!
If I have a dislike it is that the story moves soo slooowly....zzzzzz. (No reference to Zinzan)
Jumping between timelines can be downright jarring as well. It seems like the director is trying to give me whiplash.
Still, don't regret the time spent.

I like what I've seen so far. An award should go to the make-up people. Truly remarkable!
Indeed.

Jumping between timelines can be downright jarring as well. It seems like the director is trying to give me whiplash.
Still, don't regret the time spent.
Yeah three timelines - especially where two of them have investigations on going and one where there are clearly memory issues - is hard to follow. I'm three episodes in and we still don't know the reason for the second investigation.

But I agree - I am enjoying it. Hopefully the stories on the timelines will connect up and make sense later.

OK, at least I found the answer about the wife. Strangely, I hadn't missed anything:

In an Instagram comment after the finale, creator Nic Pizzolatto explained that Amelia's fate was cut for time. But he also revealed what happened to her:
Amelia and Wayne living their lives in 2013, planning and extended vacation around the world. It culminated in Amelia's death (peaceful, but sudden, in her sleep). Nothing nefarious, just sad.

And I found some info on the son saving the note, but its a bit of a spoiler so I'll let it pass.

Back