Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

[TV] Star Trek: Picard

Oh, my. Just watched the first episode and I liked it waay more than I expected to. I watched out of nostalgia more than anything else as I was a big fan of TNG in its day. My goodness, but Picard got old since then, but haven't we all? It was great fun seeing him and Commander Data again.
The production quality is so much better than the original show as to be almost unrecognizable. And that is certainly a good thing as future episodes are going to benefit greatly. There will be, I believe, 10 episodes this first season, and they can only be seen on CBS All Access. I originally signed up ($5/mo or $10/month commercial free with a 7 day free trial) to catch a some episodes of a couple of CBS TV shows my recorder dropped. Then I realized "Picard" was there waiting for me. What an absolute treat so far.
It looks like this entire first season will be one, long serial and I am hyped.
"Make it so." - Jean-Luc Picard
-----

Last edited:
I was never really a fan of the next generation, I struggled to relate to the characters and Picard was so far away from Kirk. I agree with both posts, I'm enjoying the new series so far. Picard's obvious age and visual frailty are incongruent with the character he was and sometimes thinks he still is in the series. It's nice to see a strong, well written script with an older central cast. I know it's part of the story's theme but it's a nice change. I'm still trying to understand Seven of Nine's involvement and then exit, I hope there's some connection later rather than just a cameo to fizz up some interest for the show.

I'm looking forward to the rest of the series, hoping it'll continue to the same standard.

My wife and I have been watching it also. They release a new episode every Thursday. We watched episode 7 last night. Get ready for some special guest stars. :)

BTW, Star Trek Discovery is also on CBS All Access. It takes place just before the time of the original series (Kirk era). It is also quite good. Two seasons have been released so far.

Oh, my. Just watched the first episode and I liked it waay more than I expected to. I watched out of nostalgia more than anything else as I was a big fan of TNG in its day. My goodness, but Picard got old since then, but haven't we all? It was great fun seeing him and Commander Data again.

We got lucky, in Canada it is being carried on CTV's SciFy channel and we already had it so I have been watching from the start. Excellent.

The production quality is so much better than the original show as to be almost unrecognizable. And that is certainly a good thing as future episodes are going to benefit greatly. There will be, I believe, 10 episodes this first season, and they can only be seen on CBS All Access. I originally signed up ($5/mo or $10/month commercial free with a 7 day free trial) to catch a some episodes of a couple of CBS TV shows my recorder dropped. Then I realized "Picard" was there waiting for me. What an absolute treat so far.
It looks like this entire first season will be one, long serial and I am hyped.
"Make it so." - Jean-Luc Picard
Agree with your comments... Amazon Prime up to Episode 6, well filmed, and acted, story seems stretched at times though, but still an enjoyable watch.

(But Picard has got really old!)

Just finished watching this. I rate it 7.5 out of 10. Some of the later episodes approached truly epochal SciFi but many situation resolutions were contrived and there was still a little too much Deus Ex Machina. I'd still recommend it as worthwhile entertainment.

Back