Welcome to The Few Good Men

Thanks for visiting our club and having a look around, there is a lot to see. Why not consider becoming a member?

[TV] WW II in HD (Netflix)

"World War II in HD is a History Channel television series that chronicles the hardships of World War II, using rare films shot in color never seen on television before. The episodes
premiered on five consecutive days in mid-November 2009, with two episodes per day. The series is narrated by Gary Sinise and was produced by Lou Reda Productions in Easton,
Pennsylvania, United States." - Wiki
-----
I'm finding this excellent. They do seem to have come up with a lot of photos and video that actually were rare of never previously seen (at the time). Gary Sinise does a fine job of
narrating and it was written back in the days before Cancel Culture. Thus it doesn't delve into the social implications of it all, but just shows you the war as it was. I found the pictures
of civilians going about their lives to be bittersweet. The naivete just oozes out of every smile or frown. What a time we missed.
Sorry if this may have been posted before (probably by me). For those who haven't seen or hear of this 10 episode series here's your chance to catch up.
-----

Last edited:
Back